I got tagged by Jillian, so here goes...
My favorite thing in the whole world is being a mom. I've always wanted to be a mom. There are pictures of me as a 2 year old taking care of my "baby dolls" (I'd post them but I don't have a scanner...hint, hint- It's almost Christmas Matt!) The only part of motherhood I haven't liked is pregnancy (okay, and maybe potty-training too). When I was a teenager I wanted 12 kids, but am content with the most beautiful, amazing, sweet, funny, energetic four kids I know! I love my babies!!!
I LOVE to eat. Probably a little too much. On that note...if I don't like the size of my clothing-I cut out the tags!
I'm obsessed with my parents. Probably more than is healthy for a 35 yr old woman! I don't just love and respect them, but I have a blast hanging out with them. Matt and I actually used to double date with them all the time in high school. The hardest part of moving to San Marcos is not being able to see them everyday. My mom and I get the giggles so bad when we're together! There's just something about having two people in your life who love you unconditionally
I've had the honor of witnessing the births of all three of my sister Amanda's children. I love babies! There is no greater miracle in life than the birth of a child. If I had know how much I love the birth process when I was in college I would have been a Labor and Delivery Nurse. Thanks to Amanda and her very understanding husband, I was able to "play" nurse 3 times!
My bosom buddy (no pun intended) Rachel makes me laugh harder than anybody I know. She is always up for a good time and is HILARIOUS!!! We moved to San Marcos around the same time and I know meeting her was one of the reasons we were supposed to move here. Love ya Rach!
Rome
Montserrat
This last year, I witnessed a miracle. My dear friend, Shayla, gave birth to a 26 week old after a very touch and go pregnancy with her sixth child. I was in that special room through hours of labor and then waited with my heart in my throat while an emergency C-section was performed. I was able to be in the NICU when they brought Viviana down and hold her tiny hand as they put in a central line and intubated her tiny 1lb. 12oz. body. Lots of prayers were said on her behalf and angels kept vigil at her bedside. I was honored to be a part of this precious miracle.
Viviana Faith-Happy and Healthy at 5 months!
I can be gross...REALLY gross. And I think it's funny. It think toots are funny, much to Matt's horror who thinks no true lady should ever fart. Jokes on him, HE MARRIED ME!!!
After 20 years together, I'm still desperately in love with my husband

I loved reading your tag...you are so fun! I had no idea so many people blogged. I found you from first going to Kolb's, Hazen's and then Whitings. Crazy!
ReplyDeleteYou are making me seriously reconsider my anti-blogging (mainly, I don't think I would have time)....your site gets cuter and cuter and it is so fun to see (hopefully there is a big post dedicated to Thanksgiving)! Thank you for including me and my babies in your tagging...I feel soooo special, and even more fortunate that you were my "nurse"...I love you so much!!! Love, Mo Mo
ReplyDeleteI can't see my computer screen! (b/c of my tears!) Reading about Vivie just makes me FOLD. I'm so grateful you were there to share our experience. I don't know what I would have done without you by my side! Hey, and couldn't you have picked a better pic of Florence???! So sexy and of us mimicking the sphinx! Love you to the sky
ReplyDeleteCarrie-I'm glad you found me. Send me your blogsite! I'd love to see it.
ReplyDeleteMoMo-I'm so glad you're looking at my blog! You're my favorite sister because of it. No one else has time (that means YOU Jennifer and Hillary!) We'll set up your blog at Thanksgiving. I can't wait!
Shay-I had a hard time putting the experience in words. It was such a touching part of my life this year. I love you to pieces you know! BTW, that was a SEXY picture.
Allison,
ReplyDeleteGreat Blog. I found yours today through the whitings. I sure miss everyone from that ward. Here is our blog www.davidandleanna.blogspot.com. I'll add you to our list! Your family is beautiful!
Love,
Leanna
Sorry for making you wait! Come on it was the end of Dated night! Had fun last night. I am going to kill you for the Picture! But, love you for the shout out! You makek me laugh the most too!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you didn't mention that you LOVE the color red. I always think of you when I see red shoes. Someday I'll be brave and buy myself a pair.
ReplyDeleteI love the purse you have on in eery picture in Europe. By the way, When I was in London this summer my mom and I went to Blood Brothers in honor of you, we LOVED it!! We bought the soundtrack the next day!
ReplyDeleteJilly...which eery picture? The black and white? That was Hailey's school bag! I LOVE blood brothers! I'm so glad you saw it...just like Marilyn Monroe!
ReplyDeleteGreetings from the Garces Clan. I am so glad I found some lost friends from San Juan. The place I miss so much. Your family is so beautiful. They have grown so much since I've seen you guys. You can find us at www.garcesclan.blogspot.com. So good to read about you guys.
ReplyDeleteRachel
sorry I have been gone so long from the blog scene! But, I am back and thank you for missing me. So now that I am tagged what am I suppose to put on my blog? What question am I answering? Enjoyed catching up on your family looks like things are going great!
ReplyDeleteChelsea, write at least six things about yourself that we may or may not know about you. Glad you're back! Missed you!
ReplyDeleteYou are too cute! I feel the same way about my parents. I've asked them to move in with Jared and I before.:)I can't seem to get enough of them. It's hard for me to be in California while they are in Texas. Loved your post!
ReplyDeleteI KNOW you have lots going on to post about.....we're waiting!
ReplyDeleteSOO fun! I hope some day to see all the fun places you and Matt have been too! It was really fun to see a picture of your parents too since its been YEARS since I have seen any of you guys! Miss you all.
ReplyDeleteLv, Ashlee
Rob says, No take back on the clothes! Thanks Matt! Can't wait for our day of Beauty tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteyou are killing me. I can think of several things that you didn't include on this blog but I won't be the one to mention them. I love reading your blog. as always - you look fabulout(don't worry, I still do too). stay pretty.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Holy moly! Allison you are hilarious. I learned a lot from this blog. Wish I could've known you better when we were in the ward!
ReplyDeleteAls- I LOVED reading all these! I actually knew most of them and was proud of myself! Your friend's sweet baby is adorable. We are SO lucky for today's modern medicine. NOW- make Mo set up a blog! I can't wait!
ReplyDeleteLove the pics, love my grandkids, love you!
ReplyDelete