January 16, 2008

Body Fat Begone!!!

Okay...I know I'm not the only one who made a New Year's Resolution to take off some pounds. What is it about the indulgences of the holidays that makes us realize how desperately we need to lose weight? This year has been a particularly "bad" year for me in terms of gaining weight. I've accomplished a lot of goals in the last year, but losing weight wasn't one of them. As you've probably noticed in recent blog pictures (which will hereafter be known as "befores") I've what my father lovingly calls, "blossomed". Blame the genes, blame being married to an eater, blame my sugar addiction, whatever; bottom line is my bottom line wasn't doing too well-nor was my waistline. Well, 2008 is the year for me to do something about it. Although I work out fairly regularly, it just wasn't cutting it anymore. SO...a couple of my friends and I are taking a nutrition/fitness class and following an eating plan. I submitted to this (in front of somebody...who actually WROTE IT DOWN!)
And this (the horror)
The results were that YES, I do need to be doing this! Good thing I have loving friends to do it with me! Although chubby "cheeks" are adorable on a baby...unfortunately, they're not so adorable on me.
So, the goal is to look a little less like this...
And more like this!!!
Down an official 6 lbs (and five gazillion to go) so far! Wish me luck.

14 comments:

  1. Don't worry Girl, I am right there with you every step of the way. Best Friends always make the best weight loss buddies as well! Remeber, you are my cricket on my shoulder telling me "NO!" to that cake! And by the way, you look Fabulous! I am sooooo proud of you. Bikinis here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how to spell Remember!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, 6 pounds already! that is great. Good for you. Usually after I have a desert I say to myself, "that was not worth it". So just skip it you are not missing much. Except for those yummy rice krispy treats Tamara brought over this week. Those were worth it. Well, maybe not the 4th one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock. My friend and I have been doing the gym thing with a trainer for the last 4 months and we are taking it to a different level now. I just told Octavio (my trainer) he needs to keep my butt whenever I see him.
    I heard a good tip last night on The Biggest Loser. when you do cardio on any machine don't hold on to the machine. I did it today and I was sweating twice as much.

    Good luck in your exercising. I'm right there with you. Nick promised me a new wardrobe if I get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're funny! I know the feeling, but I think you are a hot mama! Just be glad you're not pregnant, like me- there's nothing I can do about it! Well, good luck- doing it with friends definitely helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're funny---I just wrote an epistle and laughed when I just clicked on your blog and behold!! It was a twinner post! Well, except for the fact that I say in 5 pages what you can say in a few paragraphs!

    You're the one who always says it---curves are in. yeah, but my curves are getting a little out of control! You go girl! Wish I felt I could join you at the gym. Way to go on the 6 lbs.!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm on your side. Six pounds is GREAT!! Just keep thinking that summer is right around the corner and that will keep you motivated. I love your blog and I miss you too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So how are you losing it? I'm having a hard time and I'm still in my 20's! Yikes- I've got issues! Tell me your secret amazing one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need a person that I am responsible to. I keep saying, "This is my last box of Dr. Pepper!!!" But I keep buying it. So Pathetic I know, but it really does calm my nerves!:) HeHeHe! I know that if I could give that up I could start to lose some weight. I am so excited for you and the 6 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those funny little pictures with your post! So cute...Good for you--I think you always look awesome. Remember, don't lose too much weight or the boobs might go too (so sad)! Your blog is soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to look like that girl in the purple bikini too! Good luck I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome Allison! I'll watch you lose as I gain! you can be my motivation after I have the baby and feel totally helpless. You are inspiring and your blog is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO funny! I love the pictures that accompany this post. You are brave to let someone take measurements and then allow them to document it! I lack such courage. 6 pounds already is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"