September 25, 2008

La Quinta Girl's Weekend 2008

Four happy mamas excited to get away for a weekend of R,R,&E (Rest, Relaxation, and Eating)
On the way there, a "POTTY stop" turned into a "PART-AY stop" when we decided to hang out at a Mexican dive/bar and karaoke with some senior citizens. Michele and Rachel sang "I Feel Like A Woman" to much applause, and I made the girls sing "American Pie" with me-my favorite song--I'm the only one who knew all the words and I DON'T sing. Oh well, most of the patrons were wearing hearing aids anyway. We had ourselves a grand old time!
For a "dive", the nachos and guacamole were pretty dang good!
Four happy women about to enter the spa....this is the life!
Notice our happy faces? That's called "SPA-phoria"
The rest of the "group" headed up the next day and we went to lunch, laid by the pool, and enjoyed a serious "girl's night out".
Rach and Me!
Shiny, Happy People Holding Hands! (hey...it was kind of hot!)
The La Quinta Resort in Palm Springs is beautiful. I highly recommend it.
My girls
Saturday was spent sleeping in, laying by the pool, and then heading off to eat! We had a super yummy barbecue style lunch. The best part for me was the rhubarb pie! Seriously, rhubarb pie is not easy to find...and this one was delicious! After lunch, we had a movie double header. The perfect day.
Hey, it's my weekend and I can ride a pig if I want to! Thanks girls for the fabulous weekend getaway! I wouldn't have enjoyed it without you. ***BY THE WAY, TODAY IS MY 'BLOGIVERSARY'. HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY TO ME!

19 comments:

  1. Yeah I read about your way fun weekend on Rachel's blog. I am still totally jealous!!

    I love the picture of you on the pig!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok..that is so not fair...i need a girls weekend!! Looks like a wonderful time, so glad you had some time to recharge those Mom batteries. Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babes at Babes! I love that place we eat there every time we go to PS.

    Happy Blogaversary! May you have many more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is the life. So, so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You truly have all the fun! I hope to have a fun group of girlfriends as close as you all are someday! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks absolutely fab. What an excellent way to spend a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are seriously such a partier. I know I always say that but I don't know anyone who goes on more vacations. I am glad you have so much fun - that is what I have always loved about you. by the way - I thought of you at the gym the other day when captain and tenille(sp?) came on. It was such a wonderful memory!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have too much fun!! I am jealous. Let's see, my fun for the week...Well I taught 20 2nd graders about place value. Does that count???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Happy Day! So when are we going again?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm gonna need another R&R just as soon as I finish readying this house...man, I'm tired already!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just read about this on Rachel's blog.

    That looks like it was so much fun. One of these days, I will do a palm springs trip too. With just the girls.

    Congrats on a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to be just like you when I grow up. You seem to have way too much fun and I love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am going to pee my pant....only you would ride the pig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need new friends who go on girls weekends to spas. I don't know anyone who would do that, but I'm auditioning people.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute daughter, cute friends. I'm glad you take every opportunity to enjoy life!
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  16. The picture of you on the pig is my very favorite. We did go Hog Wild in Palm Springs. Can't wait till the next Getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that is awesome! Every girl needs some girl time and that looks like some seriously good girl time. Time at the spa? Oh I so want to go right now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute pics! I love that you guys stayed to do karaoke with the senior citizens at the bar! And my favorite pic is of course you riding the pig--as Owen would say, "EEehaw!" I'm so there next year.

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"