October 31, 2008

Happy HalloWeenigs 2008

One of my most hated holiday traditions is carving pumpkins. I just can't get over the mess (and the smell!) But, how can you deny these cuties? Oh...the sacrifices we make in the name of motherhood!

17 comments:

  1. I totally agree -- I know a mom who hollows out the pumpkins for her kids -- not me, that's not my favorite part for sure! Such cute kids . . . Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, you DO have cute witches up on that mantle of yours...I will keep mine chained to the door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you caved and let the kids carve! We carved too early, ours already have mold.

    You are the best MOMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your title. And I so agree about hating carving pumpkins. It's too goopy and it makes my hands all itchy. Yuck! You are sweet to still do it for the sake of your children! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My new favorite friend hosts a pumpkin carving party every year. That way, the mess can be at her house, and all I need to do is provide a treat to share. SCORE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin carving, either...but they always look so cute when they're done that I'm actually glad we did it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate cleaning out my pumpkin- somehow I have convinced Aaron that that's his job! It's great! Hope you had fun tonight!

    Oh yeah- my kids aren't barfing anymore! They've been "clean" for about 3 days- so I figured we're good. I guess we'll find out in a few hours!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pumpkin carving is just part of the deal! Cute pictures! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I put it off so long we carved our pumpkins this morning! How sad is that? And we did it in the garage so as not to make a mess in the house. Aren't I nice?

    ReplyDelete
  10. We never carved ours. Poor last kid. She did one at a party last week. That counts.

    You must love your name this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really don't enjoy carving pumpkins - and I do clean out the pumpkins. It does cut down on the mess. The worst is having to roast the pumpkin seeds. oh, glad that is over. your kids look really cute though - of course.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great mom you are! The end result of cleaning out pumpkins is great -- yummy pumpkin seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree. It is gross and stinky. But look at the cute photos you got!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, the smell makes you want to vomit.

    Your little towheads are just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun family of 6 with 4 cutest kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm waiting for the COSTUME photos!! Your getting behind QUEENIE BLOGGER!! :-) I love checking your site... your amazing how you can keep it up always!!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pumpkin carving at your house next year? Seriously, we should all go to the park. The things we do for our kids. You are a good Mommy.

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"