Well, he's more like a boy..or a little man...ANYWAY, my cute Jake told me a couple of weeks ago that he was running for Student Council THAT DAY. I asked him if he had to give a speech and he casually said, "Yea, I already wrote it". Gotta love the self-sufficiency of the third child! About 20 kids in his class ran, and he and another boy made it. He came home that day so excited and told me he was going to run for Vice President of the school. Go Jake! We decided that the most important part of a good campaign is making it memorable. So we went with the slogan "DON'T BE A WEENIE, VOTE FOR WEENIG" complete with a hot-dog theme. On my trip to Palm Springs, I ran across this hot dog hat and brought it home on the chance that he would actually wear it. Well, this boy was game! We made a poster with the help of big sister Hailey and practiced his speech. I was so proud. There were seven kids running just for Vice President. He came THIS CLOSE!!! The principal said it was the closest race he'd seen between Jake and the winner. Jake's just fine because he still gets to be on the Student Council and he's already planning next year's campaign for President. Gotta love him. Good job Jake!!!
Seriously -- such a talented bunch! I love the hat -- what fun to have such a good use for it. I'd have voted for him . . . maybe he should run for Pres. instead of current candidates. :)
Dude that is awesome! Dont be a weenie! Love it! At least you had a couple weeks to prepare, Kayla pulled it on my two days in advance! I had so much fun hanging out with you gals yesterday! Lets do it again! Lets hit somewhere else.... little shops in Del Mar? Solana Beach?!!!!!
I love the hat on Jake. Totally memorable. The poster is great too. Looks professional. If I know you Allison it probably is. Tell Jake he did a great job.
How cute. He looks like an awesome kid! I totally remember those days...I was a student body officer too and those cheesy skits and talks were so silly. Fun, but silly, obviously. Look at his hat! I love it!
That is FUNNY!! The kids got a kick out of it also!! Jake, you will love student council!! Good Luck!!!
ReplyDeletehe totally has my vote. that is hilarious.
ReplyDeleteI love the hat and the slogan, mine as well use the last name if you have to live with it!
ReplyDeleteHe totally looks so proud to be wearing his weanie hat...I love it! I SO would've voted for him, just for that hat! That's awesome that he ran.
ReplyDeleteThe weenie hat looks actually good on jakey! LOVE it! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteLove the hat! I love that he is a good sport about it, and isn't going to give up!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute kid! Way to go on the campaign!
ReplyDeleteYay Jake! The sign was awesome!
ReplyDeleteGood Job Weenie Man.
That is so darn cute! Love the hat! He's gotta win with a slogan like that.
ReplyDeleteHow awesome... and that hat is HUGE.........
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome. Much better then Trevor's slogan, "Don't be a goose, vote for Trevor Bruce!"
ReplyDeleteSeriously -- such a talented bunch! I love the hat -- what fun to have such a good use for it. I'd have voted for him . . . maybe he should run for Pres. instead of current candidates. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is priceless! I love his confidence. I think the whole family needs those hats for a family reunion.
ReplyDeleteDude that is awesome! Dont be a weenie! Love it! At least you had a couple weeks to prepare, Kayla pulled it on my two days in advance! I had so much fun hanging out with you gals yesterday! Lets do it again! Lets hit somewhere else.... little shops in Del Mar? Solana Beach?!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the hat on Jake. Totally memorable. The poster is great too. Looks professional. If I know you Allison it probably is.
ReplyDeleteTell Jake he did a great job.
So glad that you posted a picture of the hat.. it is too funny! Way to go for it Jake. Next time!
ReplyDeleteI just saw a hot dog costume at party city yesterday...maybe next year:) Go Jake!
ReplyDeleteLove it the slogan and that he rocked the hat! Maybe you can get a bunch of the weenie hats for your Christmas picture :)
ReplyDeleteThis is great! Maybe John McCain could borrow the slogan and hat?!
ReplyDeleteWe love it! So cute!!!!
ReplyDeleteHow cute. He looks like an awesome kid!
ReplyDeleteI totally remember those days...I was a student body officer too and those cheesy skits and talks were so silly. Fun, but silly, obviously. Look at his hat! I love it!
Jake, you're AWESOME! Way to be proud of the name! You look so great in the weenie hat!
ReplyDeleteToo cute! What a great kid to have enough confidence to wear that hat! You have done well!
ReplyDeleteToday a weenie man, tomorrow a senator. Go Jake!
ReplyDeleteLove, Grandma