October 7, 2008

Just One of Those Weeks.

Do you ever have one of those weeks that everything seems to be hitting at once? I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with various things that are happening right now (details to follow). I was trying to think of something fun to post about and couldn't. The silly stuff seems trivial compared to stuff I'm dealing with. Why is it when life seems to be moving along great, that you are hit with trials? I know that's why we are here-the purpose of our mortality-but sometimes I'd rather life just be fine and dandy all the time. I think the most frustrating part is the waiting. I'm sort of in a holding pattern with things and I would rather just be faced with it and be able to deal with it, rather than wait. Also, someone very near and dear to me is going through an unimaginable hardship and there is nothing to do but offer lots of love and prayers. I know this makes zero sense to all but a few of you-but it's my journal and this is my life. Sorry for the pity party.

22 comments:

  1. I have SO been there. Of course, I don't know EXACTLY what you're dealing with right now, but I totally know those feelings. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you okay? I am so sorry. I understand exactly how you feel. Can I help you out in any way? do you want some photos of the Hoff? That always makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes the little holding patterns and waiting is when we're able to develop that {patience} thing just like HF intends. I suck at that---you're much better at it, at least you sound okay for whatever that's worth. Life is frustrating, isn't it?! --I got a chuckle out of the cartoon I sent you. Even though life sucks sometimes, laughing at ourselves just helps. Hang in there! It will all make sense SOON. LOTS OF LOVES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, YES. So true and I am having that period of life right now too. Praying and reading my scriptures is all that's getting me through right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been there so many times, I don't even want to think about it. I've also thought it would be so nice if live could just be fine and dandy all the time, but my favorite part of trials is when they're over. Not only because life seems easier, but because I can look back and say to myself, "That was so hard, but look where you are now. Because you were able to endure, you are a much better person for it!" You can make it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear.I get really wrapped up in my friend's problems sometimes. About 7 months ago when someone in our ward lost their son I felt their pain for so long. It's tough. Hang in there, whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waiting is much worse than knowing! That stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry you're having a hard time. Trials, while a must, really stink. Go ahead and have your pity party...sometimes it helps.
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally know what you mean and I completely relate. That is my life right now! I hope that you will get things figured out and that you will get through whatever it is. You are awesome! We all love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry Allison- I will keep you in my prayers. I hope that things get resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for letting Spencer come for the weekend. I hope that he had a good time. The boys sure had fun with him. I will post some pictures of our fun day today. Hang in there...sometimes that's about all we can do. I will be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No fun.

    I am sorry for whatever you may be dealing with.

    Blogging is a good place to have a pity party-- so no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hear you. Does life ever calm down or run steady?

    I keep hoping...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry to hear you having such a hard time, and hopefully it passes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This means that Heavenly Father loves you because he knows you can handle it and grow and learn from these experiences. He would not give you anything that you can not get through. You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are such a great support to your family and friends. I know they appreciate it! :) I hope everything gets better soon....

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll come to a pity party anytime as long as there is Diet Pepsi and chocolate served.

    Remember...the difference between a trial and a great story is about 6 weeks. It'll get better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. All we can do sometimes is just hang on! Thanks for being real and sharing. Life is an interesting thing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are right. Waiting is the worst. Hang in!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I Love you, Allison -- hope things get better, or at least, bearable.

    You have done alot to cheer me up -- I will be thinking and praying for you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  21. Allison, look at what a lucky lady you are. You have so many people to support you in your life. I know this doesn't take away any hurt, but just knowing how loved you are can help a little. You are definitely not alone as you read the other comments, you are strong. I love you girlie!

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"