October 11, 2008

My Sweet Amanda

So I hope you will all forgive my for my little rant/rave/pity party post earlier this week. I can't tell you how much my spirits were lifted by all your sweet comments. One of the reasons I was having such a hard time is because of my sweet sister Amanda. She is a beautiful, fun, charming, amazing mother of three of the most gorgeous children in the universe. She is also married to an addict. Her husband has been battling addiction to prescription pain meds for four years now. He is currently in detox and will soon be heading off again to rehab. I grew up with three sisters and we are incredibly close. Amanda is the sister just younger than me...the golden girl of our family who was born after my parents lost a son to stillbirth. She has the cutest dimples and is so fun to be with. She is one of the most loving people I know. To have to watch her endure this trial is heartbreaking. Amanda has decided to share her journey on her blog. If you have any words of wisdom for her or have been through a similar situation, or if you simply would like to offer her your support-feel free to visit her blog. I love you Mo...and I amazed by your strength. ***The other reason for my bummer week I will post about soon. It is just a health issue of mine we're trying to figure out. I'm still waiting.

13 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your sister and her family. I can't imagine how difficult this is.

    I hope everything turns out well with your health situation. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging is seriously great therapy. I hope your sister can find relief and comfort through telling her story. I hope you will all be blessed! Good luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been on my mind since your last post. So sorry to hear that Amanda's husband has had a setback. I've always admired your family and the bonds you share. She has amazing people in her corner. We've experienced a lot of loss with Scott's sister because of her addictions. Tough stuff--you love that person inside and you mourn for the loss of their potential.

    love you,
    adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so brave to share her story- I know it will help someone else who is dealing with something similar. Sharing always helps- I hope he gets well soon and can come home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did i get such an amazing big sister. you say too many kind things about me, i don't deserve it. everyone is right though, it is theraputic, and i am grateful for the outlet to share my thoughts. you are in my prayers also, and everything will be okay...i love you so much...thank you for everything. and tell matt, thank you for helping me sell the stupid car...xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for Amanda! I can't imagine what she is going through! I know HF will be with her and her family! She sounds amazing!

    Also, I hope that your health issues aren't too serious! I'll remember you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Allison,
    My thoughts are with Amanda right now. I am so sorry she is having to deal with this again! She is an enduring example of grace and I pray that she remains strong.

    Sorry to also hear you're having some issues...keep us posted. I've been thinking about you a lot these days. Maybe when things setle a bit we can meet up for lunch.

    lots of love,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure it made Mo feel better to write that and just get everything out. I also think that if just one person reads it that is going through the same thing then she helped out another person. She is so brave! I hope everything goes well with your health issues... I hate stuff like this. I have had crummy kidney stones and crazy amounts of dental work done this past year. Does this mean that I am getting old and my body is falling apart?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so proud of the support that you and the rest of the family have given Amanda during this time. Thanks for being such a good, compassionate big sister. Remember to take it easy right now until the doctors figure out your health concerns!
    I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hard things, indeed. Much love to your sister and to you -- I can only imagine how difficult all this is. She is so brave and inspiring, and so are you. I hope your health improves very soon. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Mo, I know how hard this has been on everyone! It's so good to have sisters to love and support you through anything and everything!

    (Love ya, I am thinking of you TOO!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear. That has got to be so tough. I have a friend who just attempted suicide recently. I visiter her in the hospital yesterday. It's hard seeing people you love so distraught.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are such a great sister- I'm sure your support means the world to her.

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"