This year Spencer decided to join the Cross Country team at school. Having inherited his athletic (or should I say, UNathletic) gene from me, we were a little surprised and very happy. He practices twice a week and has a meet every Thursday afternoon. Luckily, Rachel is there to cheer her son along as well-so the boredom of sporting events doesn't overwhelm me! I'm a fan of my kids, but not a huge one of sports-so watching their games/events if a bit of a sacrifice on my part...but enough about ME! At the first meet, it was hotter than h***, so I was very proud of Spencer for toughing it out. I was a little worried about how he would feel about coming in very close to the end, but he just smiled and said, "I did it! And I wasn't last!" I love this kid. If only we all would have a little more of that attitude about life. I think sometimes we hold back from trying new things because we think we won't be very good at it, but you know what? All that matters is that we try. Way to go Spencer.***Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. My spirits were lifted. I will update you all as soon as I have further details on the situation. Still waiting.
Spencer is one of--no, probably THE best kid I know! He ALWAYS has a great attitude! Way to be ambitious and try something totally new for you! Hope my kids can be as wonderful as you! Cute pics Allison!
What a good attitude to have! Love optimism!
ReplyDeleteSpencer is one of--no, probably THE best kid I know! He ALWAYS has a great attitude! Way to be ambitious and try something totally new for you! Hope my kids can be as wonderful as you! Cute pics Allison!
ReplyDeleteHe is a cute boy! Sporting events are ALWAYS more when there's a friend to chat with.
ReplyDeleteWay to go cute boy! You're definitely one of our family's FAVS!!!!!
ReplyDeleteRunning on the beach- totally Chariots of Fire.
ReplyDeleteSo glad our cute boys get to do this together (so we can be together Ha)! I love cheering our boys at the finish line.
ReplyDeleteI'm not a sports fan either. I sit and talk to my friends. I've even been known to bring a book.
ReplyDeleteI love the mother son photo!
What a good kid! Looks like he actually had fun too.
ReplyDeleteGood for him! I do love the role of spectating mom...watching the sports part is fine, but the conversations with the other moms are great.
ReplyDeleteHe is a cute one! Sorry about whatever you are struggling through - I hope all turns out for the best for you!
ReplyDeleteI just love that Spencer! What a great Mommy for supporting your son. Your kids are so blessed to have you.
ReplyDelete