March 5, 2009

Meet Molly!

Meet Molly, the newest member of the Weenig Family. Yes, we are trying the "dog thing" again. The kids are loving her (and so am I). The allergies have been manageable this time-I just can't touch my eyes. On our drive home from Utah, I insisted Matt stop at The Quilted Bear (a craft store) while he went and got gas. When I got back into the car, my whole family was grinning at me...and wouldn't tell me why. Matt stopped the car right in front of the most adorable Yorkshire Terriers and the whole family fell in love. The clincher for me was when Jake said to his siblings, "You guys...this is one of the most memorable days of our lives...like getting baptized or going to the temple." Enough said for me! We picked the larger of the two females with promises from the breeder that she was the calmest dog in the litter. She was an absolute angel on the drive home...not ONE accident! She is the sweetest little puppy girl and we have had so much fun with her. She may just be my favorite souvenier EVER!

28 comments:

  1. So cute! I always wanted a dog like that, but I know my kids would crush it with the first hug! We got our puppy for Christmas- and we are loving her. Dogs are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is soooooo cute!! Good luck with your allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't been blogging lately but just wanted to stop by and say hi! so sorry to hear of all the medical complications....hang in there!
    i will keep you and your cute family in my prayers!
    darling dog....i just love her bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable. I love Yorkshire Terriers and so does my mom. Good Luck with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww - you are such a nice mama -- I was just at the quilted bear too! very fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sucker! Just kidding. She's totally cute. My parents have a dog named Molly too who Reese is best friends with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hardly wait to cuddle with Molly! She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. I DO NOT like pets, or dogs at the least...but I would take her. She is adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just love her. And are excited where are going to be her second family when you go away! Madison is very honored you asked her to be her godmother. And remember to stop touching your eyes or she is going to live with us permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bears Eat Beets,

    Can she come to church on Sunday? I think she might convert.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh!!! she is soooo cute! congratulations on your new little girl! My girls will be jelous. We only lasted a year with our little guy. He is now being loved by my grandparents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is SO adorable! You are much braver than I, and my kids want a dog so badly. Maybe when the baby turns 5, or something. I already know I can't do a human baby and a puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't even let me go down the puppy path. I want one so, so bad. She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! She is so adorable! How could you resist her? Good luck with that! At least your kids are older. I know I couldn't handle a dog right now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is seriously my dream dog. ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in love with her. I just got my chihuahua about a month ago and am in love with the small cuddly dogs. I dress him up, take him places. I will totally be that lady who buys the dog stroller. That is the cutest dog I have ever seen. Seriously the stuff you can dress up a girl dog in is so darn cute. Makes me sad i got a boy. I feel like dressing him up anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  17. She looks adorable. Good luck with the dog thing. I will be taking the plunge in a couple years. I'm easing into it with a cat right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh My Goodness!!!!! That is the cutest puppy ever. You will have to keep me updated on Molly. We are still in the contemplation stage of getting a dog.
    Congrats on your new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darling...especially because she is living with you. Not me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is darling! Yorkies are one of my favorites. I love the flowers in her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute...so chic...does she have a purse for you to carry her in?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi there! She is adorable!!! We had three different Yorkies when I was growing up. We were all super attached to them... Silky, Silly, and Chrissy. What a treat! Keep us posted on how she does!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Almost cute enough to make me want a cute little puppy...but not quite!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think Molly 'ruined' my girls! They can't stop talking about her--all of the kids want a little house pup now...hmmmm...now that we know we're staying...I have no excuses!

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"