I'm almost scared to write this down...as if saying it out loud or putting pen to paper will break the spell. I FEEL GOOD. Wow...how long has it been since I've been able to say those words? Nine months? About the length of a pregnancy-only I have no sweet-smelling prize at the end of this journey. I'm not complaining. Last week I woke up and "lightbulb" went off in my head. Most of my symptoms (flushing, puffy face and neck, palpitations, muscle fatigue, etc.) didn't actually start till AFTER my ER and hospital stay. A couple of days after being released, my cardiologist started me on high blood pressure meds for my intermitent high bp and chest pain. I had been drifting off to sleep during my "lightbulb" moment and was prompted by the Spirit to check on the internet for possible side effects of my medication. Whammo...that was it! Although the side effects I was experiencing are extremely uncommon, they were ALL there-every last one of them. Could it be? Could this possibly be the wrong medication all along? I decided to slowly wean off the medications and guess what? I feel like myself again-almost. I still have slightly elevated BP and have to stay on ONE of the meds-but was able to go off two of them. I am still tired as well-but both of those things can easily be explained by my sleep apnea diagnosis. If I wasn't so grateful, I'd be stinkin' mad that I've spent the last nine months feeling like crap, that I spent the holidays believing I had CANCER. In my dr.'s defense, these side effects are extremely rare (my PCP has never seen them in his 20+ years of practice). So, after being tested for heart defects, carcinoid, lupus, metabolic syndrome, pheochromocytoma, thyroid disorders, renal stenosis...YOU NAME IT...this may actually be the answer. ***I am having my nose problems (conchobulosa, a polyp blocking one of my sinuses, deviated septum, inflamed turbinates, etc.) fixed on July 15th and will be able to be fitted for a CPAP machine and then I might actually be completely back to normal. What a journey.
What a relief! I'm so happy you are finding answers! Thank goodness you had the 'lightbulb' moment and listened to the spirit!
ReplyDeleteHalefreakinlujah! This is great news. I've been messing with meds and stupid side effects since February. I'm giving my Dr one more chance before I give up on him and these stupid meds that make me feel worse than I did before. Now you will never take good health for granted. Enjoy the feeling good!!
ReplyDeleteAllison~ so very happy to hear this good news! I think this is called a tender mercy~ listening to the spirit.
ReplyDeleteNO. WAY.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are feeling better!!
I'm speechless. Amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is great news! I am so happy you are feeling like yourself again.
ReplyDeleteThat is insane. I am so glad you are feeling good!
ReplyDeleteYeah! I am so happy for you and your family. Just in time to enjoy summer. I hope this is the answer to all your problems, questions and more. We love you and will continue to keep you in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteWow. Good for you for making that connection! Glad you are feeling better.
ReplyDeletei am so glad you feel better!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you!!!!!!! It's way past time for you to feel better. Good luck with your nose. :)
ReplyDeleteI can attest that the puffiness is gone, you looked fabulous last night! I am so glad I am getting the "Real" you back after all this time. You have been through so much, put always had the best attitude! But, that still doesn't let you off the hook... "Tit for Tat!"
ReplyDeleteLove Ya
Wow i am so glad that you may have solved your own horrible mystery! what a relief! i hope that you get 100 percent back in action!
ReplyDeleteWhaaattt??
ReplyDeleteI thought I had a brain tumor and I just had a panic disorder. But aren't you glad that there is a light at the end of the tunnel?
Here's to a healthy future!
Oh my gosh!!! That is amazing!!! I can't believe all of that was from the meds!!! I'm sooo glad you are feeling better!!!! What a blessing to finally figure out that out!!!!
ReplyDeleteAllison - I'm so GLAD I checked your blog tonight. I haven't been keeping up with blogs much lately - BUT THIS WAS WORTH IT IN SPADES. Can't wipe the smile off my face!
ReplyDeletelove you,
Adrienne
That's so awesome that you hve answers and that you were led to find them!
ReplyDeleteI am soooo happy for you. To feel bad for that long has to be so waring on your soul and to feel like yourself again.....AAAAAHHHHHH!!!! You should post yourself doing the happy dance, I would.
ReplyDeleteRachel
This could be the best news of my week!!! I sure hope this is it and that you will quickly be on the mend.
ReplyDeleteWahoo! I'm so happy that you're feeling better. (And hooray for middle-of-the-night inspiration.)
ReplyDeleteYeah!! I am really hoping that truly that was the answer...how frusturating for you, but at the same time, what a huge relief!! I hope you continue to feel "better"!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously??? Are you totally FREAKING serious? Oh my goodness. What a relief. What a total relief. So let's look at the bright side of things... you probably learned a lot about yourself and how much everyone loves you over the past 9 months, right? And it has brought so many people who love you back into your life and probably did a number on you in recognizing how precious each day is with your family and friends. You, my dear friend, have endured it well. Now I will keep my fingers crossed for you with the sleep stuff, etc. You are a rock, Allison. You have taught us all about how to deal in crisis. XOXO
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! If you are interested in other help besides the MD, my father-in-law Scott White is a DC in Ramona and has helped my Dad with his high blood pressure naturally. He has been able to get of and lower many of his meds and feels better than ever(that is after a scare when he had to have 5 stints put in!) Scott has helped me as well and many others.
ReplyDeleteThe spirit truly does "reveal the truth of all things!"
Love you!
Amie
I'm shocked! Can this really be it? what a nightmare you've been through. I'm so glad you're feeling better and have discovered the problem and it can be fixed! WOW!
ReplyDelete...and now you can write a book! Man, so what was that, like the million dollar diagnosis? I'm SOOOOOOO relieved for you!
ReplyDeleteGlad your back. I've missed my peppy friend. You just weren't yourself. DUMB MEDS!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Oh my gosh, that is awesome you figured it out!!! Way to go girl. I hope you continue to get better and feel better!
ReplyDeleteI am SOO excited for you! Matt asked me today if I had read your blog. I have been out of town and haven't gotten caught up. I was SHOCKED when he told me the news. I am so glad that you figured it out. I hope you get to feeling 100% very soon!
ReplyDeleteUnfreaking-believable! I just kept checking on your blog to see what's new from time to time and this is absolutely incredible news! I bet you will be back to your old self in no time at all. Mystery solved! You go girl! And I do mean go, go, go! Now that you are feeling more like yourself. Don't you just love those moments when that still small voice seems to be saying something small, but it really isn't at all?
ReplyDeleteI found your blog some how and I LOVE your cute family. It's great to see this post, and that things are going better on that front.
ReplyDeleteSarah