May 13, 2009

Mother's Day Thoughts by The Best Mom in the Whole World-MINE!

Girls, I have two thoughts for you this Mother’s Day Number One As I watch you each take on the daunting and demanding role of ‘Mother’, I remember: I remember the physical demands. I remember hitting the wall—being overwhelmed on a daily basis. I remember countless meals, loads of laundry and messes. I remember being inadequate. I remember anger, frustration and fatigue. I remember the frantic fear of letting go. Number Two After all, I remember: I remember softest skin and sweetest smell. I remember arms around my neck and wet kisses. I remember the lump in my throat and tears of joy and pride. I remember contentment and peace. I remember feeling ‘whole’ and complete. I remember tender feelings that only come from being a Mother. I forget Number One. I’m so proud of you all. Love you, Mom

12 comments:

  1. When you let me read this on Sunday it brought tears to my eyes! I just love your mommy too. She always has great things to say. She wrote it perfectly, that's exactly how I feel about my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet, tender, tear-inducing, LOVELY thought to live by! I'm going to steal this and put it up somewhere in my home. I hope your momma doesn't mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. What a great letter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, to have a MOM!! YOu are so lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! You are blessed Allison.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love your Mom!

    Now please share- why do you secretly hate Mother's Day???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet! I love hearing tributes to great Moms like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's no wonder you are so fabulous. That made me tear up and it isn't even from my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a very wise mother. Good thing you inherited that from her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mom said that so beautifully. I remember when my oldest to kids were babies my mom kinda sighing and saying, "They call mine the golden years, but that's silly. You're in the golden years--the best years of your life."

    "Are you sure?" I asked, "I didn't know I'd be so exhausted and worn out."

    It's a good thing that we forget about #1.

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"