May 18, 2009

Tomorrow, Tomorrow

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I'll start the day tomorrow with an ANGIOPLASTY! Lucky me. This venture is the latest in my quest for a diagnosis. A kidney specialist thinks stenosis (narrowing) of my renal (kidney) artery may be causing my as yet unexplained high blood pressure. I had some suspicious labs that pointed to this possibility so we are going ahead with the procedure tomorrow morning. The good news is, if the stenosis IS the problem, then they can fix it right then! I have to say though, I'm not getting my hopes up. I figure if I brace myself for another dead-end, then I'll just be pleasantly surprised if it's actually something they can fix! So...I get to spend 6-9 hours tomorrow kickin' it at the hospital. Last week I also had a CAT scan of my face (it was gorgeous I tell you, just GORGEOUS!). The dr. who will be performing my nose surgery had a suspicion that more was going on than just a deviated septum. It turns out I have a small (11 mm) mass blocking my sinuses plus severe sinusitus. Must be why I can't breathe at night! Anyway, hopefully this surgery will be scheduled soon and I will be able to begin my life as a masked sleeping beauty (I am SO NOT looking forward to the CPAP machine...ugh.) But, if it will make me feel better, I'm willing to try anything. In other health news, I started a "Phat Chicks" contest with some girlfriends last week. We could do whatever "diet" we wanted to, with strict rules of no "doping". Well, apparently, I needed me some dope because this crazy body of mine only lost 2.5 pounds, in spite of not going over 1200 calories a day and exercising as much as I can handle. The other girls lost 4, 5, and 6 lbs. last week-I kind of hate 'em. Happy Monday to all.

15 comments:

  1. Don't be so stinkin' hard on yourself. You are at a great disadvantage because of the exercise thing. And maybe after your nose surgery, you won't be able to smell for a while. That would make me shed a few pounds. You have to look on the bright side of these surgeries, right? I keep thinking of the scene from Clueless where all of the girls are out at PE with bandages over their nose. I don't think any of them had bandages on their kidney though. I am so sad that you have to go through all of this stuff. But in the end, they just might solve all of your problems. I am praying for you, dear friend. Good luck! And the goal is that the next time I come to CA we are going to do a triathalon together because you will be all new again. (As if I could do a triathalon.) You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude....I want to be in the PhAT girls contest!!!!! Thanks for the update Allison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!! THEY NEED TO FIGURE THIS OUT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck.. Hopefully you have good news after

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be thinking of you all day! I am crossing my fingers and toes and everything else that the doctors say this is the problem. Get better soon so we can continue our "Work-out Walks".

    Phat Chicks Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck tomorrow, you will be in our prayers. Being able to breath again sure will be nice! PS 2.5 pounds is a lot in 1 week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be thinking about you and praying for you.
    Gracias for the update chica.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess you are already having the procedure done but I really hope it goes well. I seriously wonder if I have some of the same nose problems that you do. I am NEVER able to breath out of my nose. In fact it has been that way for as long as I can remember.

    Thanks for the update! I think about you often!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honey, 1200 calories is not enough if you're exercising regularly. Bump it up to 1500 and see what happens.

    Here's hoping you get an answer SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm praying you get an answer soon. Hopefully by the time you get to read all your "love notes", things are looking up! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dope is coming tomorrow--I know you want to dope with me:) No one can say your adventure in life is boring! Happy surgery day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope this is the answer!!!

    You crack me up with the Phat Girls thing. Sounds like a good crew. I'd hate the losers, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes! I am hoping for some good news today . . . I'll be thinking of you! Hang in there! XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. We could have a mystery diagnosis club. You and I are paying for a few Drs to have very nice vacations. Love you girl! Please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know I'm late, but I sure hope everything went well. Can't wait to hear the update!

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"