June 29, 2009

Princess Birthday Strikes Again!

This year's birthday celebration was worthy of a princess (or a Queen). The morning started with a super fun birthday breakfast with all my girlfriends at Market Street-my favorite! Thanks to all my wonderful friends for taking the morning off to spend with me! Right after, I went and had a massage (divine), and then met my sweet Mom for a day of SHOPPING! We found some great stuff-but the best part was definitely just being together. We shopped till we dropped and then had a nice dinner at Firenze in Encinitas-SO good. I can't thank you enough Mom for all you do for me. The next day, we headed off to Vegas for our annual birthday getaway with the Hazens. Rob and I share a birthday just a day apart so our spouses always plan a trip. How lucky are we? First stop was Nessy Burger....
My gross hubby
Later that night, we celebrated yet AGAIN with food (are you catching a theme here?-it's no wonder I'm on a constant diet)
The next morning was spent lounging by the pool. We stayed at the Green Valley Resort just outside the strip. I highly recommend it. It had more of a Resort feel than a Vegas Hotel feel. The pool was so cool with a beach entry (with real sand) and king-sized cushioned lounge chairs. We were so lucky to enjoy some unseasonably mild weather for Vegas.
That night, Matt and Rachel surprised me with my first ever LIMO ride! Can you believe I just turned 37 and have never been in a limo? For school dances, we always borrowed a car (thanks Dad and RQ) so I'd never had any reason to ride in a limo. What a sweet thought for a birthday surprise!
We had the driver stop for Diet Cokes...
And got the giggles REALLY bad (love Matt's face in this picture)
Rachel couldn't resist taking a picture of the "Kindle Kouple" (please ignore the double chin-I'm trying to)
As you can see, this was a perfect birthday! Thanks to all my loved ones for making it so special.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had such an awesome birthday! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have good reason to celebrate after the year you have had. May this year be dull and boring with no medical mysteries to unravel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! And ya gotta know by now, that any celebration with a Hazen involves lots and lots of food and good eats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect birthday!!!

    I had such a great time with you guys last week. My kids have been asking when they get to hang with your kids again! Hopefully it won't be too long!

    I think I told you I went to BYU with your husband the first time we met. I barely remember him, but the name stood out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! You deserve a wonderful birthday! You will have to tell me how you like your Kindle, what a great idea. Look forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I demand you and Rachel both move here and become my new BFFs. Food, limos, and vegas baby. Doesn't get any better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a divine weekend! You deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous time! Once again, I'm convinced you would be such a fun person to hang out with. Glad you got to celebrate your existence :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Would Matt come over right away and give my husband birthday planning lessons? I am so ignored. I can't believe it. Good for you though!

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"