I'm fighting sleep because I know when I wake up the "day" will officially be here. I didn't think I would be nervous, but I guess I am a little. I've taken the Xanax my md prescribed and am starting to feel the affects. Hopefully, I will be able to sleep in and then it's off to surgery. I will be having my deviated septum fixed (REALLY-I do have one and it's one of the reasons my sleep apnea is so bad), a conchabulosa on my turbinate removed, a polyp at the base of my sinus "checked" and removed if needed, and spreader grafts placed in my nasal passages to widen them so I can finally breathe normally. My dr. is a family friend and is also "throwing in" a nose bob-yeah, no more witch nose! I guess this procedure can have a pretty rough recovery which is really the only thing I'm worried about-that and not being able to go in public for at least a week and having to take it easy for a month. I AM excited the day is finally here and that very soon my health will be at 100%. I have to stay overnight at the surgery center and then I'll be recovering at my Mom and Dad's house while Matt holds down the fort at home. I'll post updates and pictures when I'm pretty again.
Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteLast year I had skin cancer removed from my nose and then had it reconstructed - I'll be honest, it wasn't THAT bad. So don't worry. You're doing the right thing by recovering somewhere other than home because you need your rest. Pain meds are a blessing. I think you'll be surprised on how fast you will recover. Just have a "move forward" attitude and rest up!! Good luck
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Can't wait for you to be feeling better.
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking about you the other day wondering when this was happening. Take care! I know your mom & dad will be the best recovery nurses you could ever have!
ReplyDeletegood luck!!! by the way...i've never noticed a 'witches nose'. you are beautiful and will be after today also!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about a thing! I'll keep an eye on Matt and the kids and take care of them while you recover. Just relax and feel better soon, we have a whole summer to play when you are ready! I will be thinking of you! I am sure your mom and I will be talking lots. She is the best nurse. I loved it when my parents took care of me.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I'm sure it will all go well. And I don't know what you are talking about with the witches' nose comment. I'm glad you will be able to breathe and sleep!
ReplyDeleteSending best thoughts your direction! Here's to a successful procedure and quick, relaxing, relatively painfree recovery.
ReplyDeleteGood luck...let us know if you need anything...
ReplyDeleteGood luck!! I'm glad you have your parents to take care of you and an awesome hubby to hold down the fort!! I will be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI've only had polyps removed twice -- nothing as drastic as yours -- it will be fine! you can do it and will be back to your own fab self in no time. I'm thinking and praying for your speedy and smooth recovery.
ReplyDeleteYou'll have to let me know about the septum thing -- I've so far been to chicken to fix ine, but then, again, I can breath -- well, usually! XO
good luck weenie!!!
ReplyDeleteno one wants to see "pretty"
ReplyDeleteshow us the blood and gore, sister!
Update on Allison:
ReplyDeleteI just talked to Matt and he said she is finally out of surgery and doing well. The surgery took a little longer than expected because they had to fix a lot of stuff up there! Hope this does the trick and we have the "old Allison" back. More details to follow...
It's really not that bad.... I promise! The worst part is not being able to shower for a week! Good luck!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck Allison! I am excited for you. I think you will feel much, much better. Being able to breathe is great!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the "after" pictures. I hope you don't go all Jennifer Grey on us and then we won't recognize you!!
ReplyDeleteWhat do you mean, "witch nose?!?!?" Whatever! You were already gorgeous! Hope recovery goes quickly!
ReplyDeleteHope all went well.
ReplyDeleteHow did I fall off your "people I adore" list?
Love ya girl!
http://bobbyginn.blogspot.com/
Good luck with your recovery--I hope you get lots of time to read books and blog. :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I bet you'll be so glad when its all DONE.
ReplyDeleteIt was good to see you at church today! I never got to stop and talk to you, but I hope you are doing good and recovering well from the surgery. I didn't know you were getting the nose "bob", but I thought your nose looked different! :) I can't wait to hear that you feel 100%!!
ReplyDelete