One of the highlights of my summer was spending a day at the beach with these gorgeous ladies. Jenny, April, and I grew up together and Alyssa moved to San Juan in High School. Man, do we have stories! Alyssa (beautiful girl in the middle) has spent the last 12? years living abroad in England, Ireland, and now in China. April happened to be down for a visit from Utah and we planned a get together and it ACTUALLY HAPPENED. What a miracle. I have to admit, I was a little nervous seeing friends I haven't seen in a long time for a beach day. There's really no way to hide your deepest insecurites (ahem, being in a bathingsuit) when you're at the beach. Of course I was silly to worry as true friends never change and never stop loving you! It was like old times-talking, laughing, and enjoying each other and all the kiddos. Thanks girls for a fabulous day!
September 30, 2009
Lovely Laurels
One of the highlights of my summer was spending a day at the beach with these gorgeous ladies. Jenny, April, and I grew up together and Alyssa moved to San Juan in High School. Man, do we have stories! Alyssa (beautiful girl in the middle) has spent the last 12? years living abroad in England, Ireland, and now in China. April happened to be down for a visit from Utah and we planned a get together and it ACTUALLY HAPPENED. What a miracle. I have to admit, I was a little nervous seeing friends I haven't seen in a long time for a beach day. There's really no way to hide your deepest insecurites (ahem, being in a bathingsuit) when you're at the beach. Of course I was silly to worry as true friends never change and never stop loving you! It was like old times-talking, laughing, and enjoying each other and all the kiddos. Thanks girls for a fabulous day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah, I'd be nervous about the whole being in a bathing suit too but how fun to catch up with friends!
ReplyDeleteYou girlies look pretty much the same as you did in high school.
ReplyDeleteSo fun to see you all together!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day it was! It is like no time has passed. And it is so thrilling for me to see our kids playing together, like we all did.
ReplyDelete