September 30, 2007

Soccer Season-Or, The Reason I'm Rapidly Getting "Suburban Spread"

Soccer Season-we're in the thick of it...Hailey is playing on a year-round Matrix (AYSO club) team and Jake and Sammy are playing this year too. We couldn't put Sammy off any longer. When I asked Spencer if he wanted to play, the millisecond of hesitation prompted me to say, "Then No, you're not playing" Having three kids playing in one season is enough to keep all my weeknights and Saturdays busy driving the kids all over the city. On Thursday nights I'm in the car for three and a half hours straight-thus the aforementioned "suburban" spread. I actually drive a Tahoe, but the suburban part sounded funnier. I wouldn't do it if they all didn't love it so much. Hailey is a serious soccer star...we're hoping for a BYU scholarship in her future. She's so smart and aggressive on the field. VERY impressive. Jake is getting pretty good too although we're trying to cure him of occasionally running with his hands dropped effeminately from his arms, and from losing his jersey, ball, shin guards, etc. everytime we have a practice/game. Sammy's having a grand old time running around the field in an adorable little pack of beribboned girls (of course, I made the team ribbons) and she especially loves the snack-big surprise. So, I guess my rapidly expanding behind is all worth it. What we do for our kids!

4 comments:

  1. glad to see your guys blog! linds and i will add you guys to our list for sure. And soccer huh! awesome. Right now, with Kadyns club games all over OC takes a toll on my weekends as it is. I cant imagine how its gonna be with our own kids! hahaha...see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I remember the days of soccer, soccer, and more soccer! I sure miss having all that energy when I was a kid. They need to add "taxi driver" and "cheerleader" to our mother title. Good luck to all three kids at their games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have avoided soccer for all girls so far. I can't believe how big Sammy looks - it is hard to believe she and Leah are the same age! very cute - and when did Hailey seriously start looking like a teenager - remember that day she sang in the car about now wearing underwear or something? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda...start a blog!!! I would think you would have if anyone would by now!

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"