
Meet Teddy...our super psychotic hamster. A hamster is about the only pet we can have in our house because of my horrific allergies. Believe me, we've tried...please don't get my children started on the subject. Anyway, we thought we were living with a perfectly mild-mannered, well-behaved, and admittedly cute little hamster. WE WERE WRONG! It all started last weekend when Jake came into our room crying because Teddy was missing. Following a serious lecture in which no one would admit to leaving Teddy out of his cage, we told the kids to be on the lookout. At the same time, Matt realized that he was probably wrong for yelling at Sammy for running in the dining room with her "cleats"-because the cleat marks were probably, in actuality, little hamster feet. After a long weekend of hamster tracks (and deposits) all over the house-at least I'm HOPING they were from the hamster-we had all but given up. The next morning Hailey came in my room (WAKING ME UP!-will they never learn?) and told me Teddy had been crawling on her last night and was now safely back in his cage. I went upstairs to get the kids ready for school and Jake started making up "stories" about how Teddy could get out of his cage. As I was lecturing my youngest son on not making things up, Lo and behold-Teddy got out right in front of my eyes! Yes, our psycho little hamster figured out how to unlatch the cage by biting and pushing on the door at the same time. GENIUS! Teddy has since resisted our attempts to keep him in his cage, even pushing aside a large stack of books. He loves his night wanderings (I think he may have a thing for one of my Halloween witches). Maybe he doesn't like being "played with" by four loud children, or maybe he doesn't like to be bathed (hey, NOTHING lives in my house without getting bathed regularly), maybe he wants better dinners. Who knows. For now, he's safely in his cage and my carpet will, hopefully, stay hamster track free for the night!
Sounds like a fun pet! I remember when I had a hamster he always was lost. But they always come out for food. Cute picture.
ReplyDelete