
What a crazy day! At around 2:00 this morning we were awoken by our neighbor letting us know the ridge behind our house was on fire. These horrible Santa Ana's have created conditions perfect for all the fires in San Diego. We were evacuated at 5:00 this morning, but decided to stay and wait till we could "see" more imminent danger. Most of our ward ended up at the chapel in the middle of the night. We are okay and holding tight with our 72 hour kits ready and waiting by the door. The boys slept thru the entire drama last night. This morning Jakey woke up and started getting ready for school! I think they inherited the calm gene from their daddy who was actually out gardening most of the day. Matt checked out the fires with the neighbors last night and then went back to sleep. At least one of us can stay calm. Hopefully these winds won't whip up again tonight and we can get a full nights sleep to deal with four kids with major "cabin fever" from school being closed.
Having you explain all that me reminds me of the Laguna fires when I was in 6th grade. We hope all is well there in San Diego with your family and house. We will keep you in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteI was wondering if you were close to the fires when I saw the news! I hope everything goes ok and you are all safe. I'm so glad you showed my blog to your mom! You need to get your sister's to make blogs so I can see all their beautiful families!
ReplyDeleteAshlee
ah! christian came home from work and told me I had better call you but of course there were children to feed, bathe, get in bed and laundry to fold. how are you tonight? I hope everything is okay! I am so worried for you. please keep us up to date...
ReplyDeleteLinda
Hope you are feeling better! How's your breathing? You'd suck here at the shelter! "Hi I am Volunteer Allison, how can I help? Wait, I can't breathe...Help Me!" You would be taking up a precious cot at the "Make-Shift Medical Station" if you were here! (Just kidding) I do miss you guys though. Breathe some clean air for me and say hi to your Mom! Love the Picture of the kids!
ReplyDelete