November 28, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree...Oh Christmas Tree!

Okay...for those of you who know me, you know this is HUGE. I bought an artificial Christmas Tree this year! I still can't believe it. After shopping and shopping for the perfect tree, and never finding it...I decided to go where I knew there would be a tree the perfect size, with perfect branches, and THE BEST PART...lights already on! Costco of course! It was awesome! I got to get right to the decorating-no chopping off the bottom, spraying off the tree, making sure it is straight, spending HOURS stringing lights perfectly on every branch. I have to say, "I LOVE IT"!!! Matt says it's the best thing since sliced bread and he fought me on it at first. I know, I know...I won't have that Christmas Tree smell, but I guess I'll just have to buy a really yummy candle now! Don't hate me because my tree is beautiful.
Off to Costco!

13 comments:

  1. I'M IN SHOCK!!! I have just the gift for you...a few dozen of the fresh Christmas tree scents for the car...to hang on your tree! Yeah..

    I'm actually sort of coveting your tree--I'm still waiting to find the perfect artificial one with lights--I got rid of ours in the move...I hate stringing those boogers every year! Wanna come decorate my house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that really a fake tree? The pictures look like you went to the lot and picked one out! It is really pretty though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allsion, You're tree is beautiful! It's a hard decision to switch over and ever year I am still wondering, how do I get that perfect Christmas tree smell, so if you find a good candle, let me know....but that is really the only thing we miss. Pre-lit is even better! Thanks for keeping in touch with me! love,Leanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture does not do it justice! I am proud of you for being strong and getting the Fake Tree! Now if only I can be strong too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband Chris is skeptical -- probabally because I am the one who does the light stringing! I just keep repeating "no needles," and am getting more and more excited. I really hate the needles . . . seriously considering this when I thought I would never! XO Nellie (yes the one you knew when we were 18 . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Tree looks beautiful! I have not given into the fake tree yet. (my parents did the fake tree starting about 4 years before I got married), so I have decided to still do the real tree for now! We'll see how it last's this year with Makella wanting to take all the decorations off!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I forgot to ask you in my post... How did you get that cute background on your blog. I have been wanting to change ours to something Christmas but can't find a cute one.. and honestly can't figure out how to alter it!?
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  8. We did the exact same thing this year. WE went to Costco and got the 7.5 foot tree pre-lit. We are going to put it up tonight. I think it is totally worth the expense and they really do look great. You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Allison,

    I Love my fakey too! We did broke down too about 4 years ago and would never ever go back. I cried the first year. My husband asked if I was going to miss picking out our tree in the dark at home depot sweating and then hauling it home and then pretending on Christmas that it wasn't dead and the droopy leaves wouldn't catch fire.... I am so over it.... and we also have our Costco tree.... love it.... Yours looks beautifulllllllllll..xoxo

    Love, Jen G

    ReplyDelete
  10. It must be late looking at my poor English in the last blog.... I really wanted to tell you that there is a wonderful fresh pine spray that you can use for "fresh from the tree farm" smell when you really want the smell. Also, sometimes I use just a sprig or two of the real deal that people cut off at Home Depot and you can get the delicious smell.... :-)

    Jen G

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen, where do you get the pine spray?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new camera is great!!!! Much better pic of your delicious tree! Can't wait to re-join the fakey tree club new and improved with lights!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yankee Candle "Italian Cypress"
    We too bought the Costco 9ft this year...but we took it back, looong story if you want to check it out on my blog :>)

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"