December 31, 2007

Christmas 2007

Christmas 2007 was such a wonderful one for our family! Christmas Eve Day found me in the kitchen from 8:30 till dinnertime! For the first time EVER I was making Christmas Eve dinner and I didn't want to miss a thing! We had Honeybaked Ham, twice-baked potatoes, cranberry stuffing, creamed corn, salad, and orange rolls. And let's not forget dessert...mint-brownies, sugar cookies, molasses cookies, and caramels! Too bad Spencer caught the Christmas flu that day and ended up tasting everything twice. Yucko. The Hazens came over for dessert and to deliver Matt's Santa gift-a new ping-pong table. Lucky boy. He must have been really good this year. The kids passed out fairly early (see previous post) and actually stayed asleep till 8:00! I kind of like this "kids growing up" thing. The kids all got spoiled rotten (as did their mother...see photo-don't hate me because I'm beautiful!) After presents, brunch, and a nap...we headed to the movie theater to enjoy TWO movies. What a magical, wonderful day!

9 comments:

  1. I love the turquoise colored bag!! May I ask what was in it? That is the best gift! We wish you were in Costa Rica with us! It was so much fun, I highly recommend it. Our address is:

    204 Luxaire Ct
    Las Vegas, NV 89144

    I'm glad you had a Merry Christmas, and I wish I had some of your caramels, they are my FAVORITE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day! Your dinner looked delicious and beautiful! What cute kids. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to wake up at 8 AM for Christmas! Maybe next year. Thanks again for the Delicious Dessert, loved those Mint Brownies. Had too much fun last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you guys had such a FUN Christmas Eve/day. You dinner sounded soooo yummy...I would love to be a Martha Stewart someday :) Oh, I keep forgetting to ask...do you have a website where you find your cute backgrounds. I have been looking, but can't find anything I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jillian...in the Tiffany bag was a gorgeous pendant on a long chain which I've been wanting for awhile. I LOVE IT. Carrie...Shayla McLaughlin did my background-I'm not that talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allison-
    thank you, thank you for your kinds words. It's always reasuring to hear you aren't the only one feeling the way you do. you're christmas sounds so fun. I second Jillian's comment, i miss your caramels too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great Christmas :)
    Ashlee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Blog Weenigs! I mean Allison! Love you photos, I'll send it to my mom, she will love to see it. You guys look great (as always). We will be coming to San Diego July 16- Aug 4th this year, got a condo on the beach! So we will definatelty be calling you! Give hugs to my cousin Matt!! Love ya'all! Julie

    chipjulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. We need some Jan posts!? Get blogging...
    Ashlee

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"