"Oh, What A Good Mom Am I!"
So, I'm rather proud of myself that amidst all the chaos of shopping, wrapping, cooking, and still trying to work
I was able to carve out time for one of my favorite Christmas traditions. Christmas jammies! My kids love opening up their new jammies every Christmas Eve. This year I made cute white w/green polka dots for the girls and green and white stripes for the boys. I'm sure I'll post Christmas
pictures later w/the kids wearing them so you can all be impressed with my amazing talent. Rachel made very cute ones for her kids too. By the way...do we look like tired Christmas mommies or what! Yesterday I actually pulled a twenty hour day! Oh, 'tis the season. I think I'm FINALLY done with the shopping and can get to the fun parts of Christmas-cooking with my kids, driving around and looking at the lights, reading Christmas stories. All the things I hope will make good memories for my kids. I don't just want them to remember me as "stressed out and tired mom" every Christmas.
You ARE such a talented cute mom! Did you notice I sneaked onto your blog and put the red outline around your post page??
ReplyDeletethat was actually me...I was logged in helping Tal with her blog
ReplyDeleteOooohhhh! I like it! Nice touch. You do realize you are now recruited to help me w/ cute blogs ALL the time. Loves!
ReplyDeleteI am so jelous. I stole your Christmas tradition idea of new jammies the Christmas I spent with your family and you got me pink ones with Hawaiian flowers on them. I still have them. This year I just bought ours. I even got some for dad since he will be staying at our house. Next year I am going to try and make them. Can't wait to see them on the kids!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute tradition. I always just buy christmas pj's. Maybe one day I will try and make them. I love that!
ReplyDeleteYou really are amazing! Good job! I feel the same way about getting the shopping stuff done- hopefully now we can get to all the good stuff. Enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteWonder mom here. I wish I did that every year, maybe that's a tradition I should start instead of buying jammies for xmas eve. I made a darling quilt for Sydney this year. I was really proud of it too. I am going to post it soon. So Nick and I are going back to Knotts on tuesday so we can ride all the fun rides. You and Matt should join us. The more the merrier.
ReplyDeleteYou are the best mom! That was so much fun!
ReplyDeleteWow!! That is so awesome...what a fun idea! I just buy my Christmas Eve PJ's, but it would be so much more fun to make them...maybe someday! I hope my kids don't remember me as tired, stressed out mom either!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing!! I never seem to get everything done that I want to. This year, I bought them for the kids. They all wanted footie pj's...even annelise. Can you believe that I posted a comment AND started my blog all in one week??
ReplyDeleteAre you making caramels this year? You make the best around.
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous. I still have a TON of Christmas shopping to do! I can't wait to see the cute PJ's... Can I entice you to send me a pair?! :)
ReplyDeletelv, Ash