Although there are many disadvantages to having a husband who travels a lot, there are also some advantages. My FAVORITE is joining him on a trip. Lucky for me, he had to go to New York last week so he made plans for me to meet him there, along with our good friends Rob and Rachel. And because he travels sooooo much, I even got to fly first class! Oh, how spoiled am I?!?
We had a VERY early morning flight (we left the house at 4:30). None of us slept the night before!
Our first day, we got to see a taping of the Late Show. So fun. We wore our voices out cheering in the crowd. Did anyone hear us Thursday night? By the way, Eva Longoria is WAY TINY in person.
Goofing off on the Subway...yes, I know this will probably totally embarrass my kids. But hey, their mom is really talented at Subway surfing...."it's all in the legs".
A must stop in New York (my bag is bigger than your bag Rachel!) Actually, all I got this time around was silver cleaner!
I almost adopted a baby at FAO Schwartz. The "nurse" didn't seem to think it was very funny and told me the rocking chair was "only for the children". Like I was going to break it? I have to say, she WAS the only rude New Yorker we encountered this trip. They were all so friendly! Really!
We can't wait to go back!!! WE LOVE NEW YORK!!!






Legally Blonde was one "Elle" of a show.
ReplyDeleteNice dove shorts.
I want to go back to NYC now that I gave kisses to the kids! I am counting the days till our next visit. The trip could not have been more perfect! Except maybe more money for shopping! We travel soooo well together!
ReplyDeleteI'm beyond jealous given how I got to spend my week! At least I got a consolation prize to prove you had a fantastic trip! Looks like you had a blast and ate 24/7. I think I gained 5 lbs just looking at those cupcakes! Glad you're home safe & sound! We need to hook up--its been WAY too long!
ReplyDeleteFun to see your trip pics. The pics of you and Matt are very cute!
ReplyDeleteSO unfair! I LOVE NYC! You guys have ALWAYS done fun trips with fun friends! I am going to try and be more like you in this area!!!
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up!! The subway picture was by far my favorite. Someday, hopefully soon, I will make it to NY and I will call you and Rachel so you guys can plan out my whole trip! You are the experts!
ReplyDeleteOh fun!! So great you got to go with fun friends, too! What did you do with your kids?
ReplyDeleteOh fun!! So great you got to go with fun friends, too! What did you do with your kids?
ReplyDeleteI forgot to give a shout out to Matt's Dad...the bestest Grandpa in the world!!! He watched the kids for us and even took them to Sea World. We love you Paul!!!
ReplyDeleteOh My! You guys had such a good time! I'm just waiting for the day when I get to fly 1st class...
ReplyDeletelooks like a fun trip. new york is great, especially alone with the hubbie! I miss it there. Won't get back until my parents return from the mission-- this summer!!!
ReplyDeleteYou forgot to blog about Ray-Ray's pizza. A little slice o' heaven.
ReplyDeleteLooks like soo much fun! I would love to visit NYC someday!
ReplyDeleteYou guys had way too much fun! I'm sure you earned it though, right? So glad you had fun...did you guys do central park at all?
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I have always wanted to go to NYC, but haven't made it there yet. For my job I actually work with doctors and counselors in NYC.. Hopefully I'll make it there someday! Glad you had a blast.
ReplyDeleteAsh
Your trip sounds WONDERFUL! We live only 3 hours from there, but have yet to make a trip. Next time you come, let me know and I'll come up and say hello!
ReplyDeleteNew York is my favorite city. Glad you got the visit. There isn't anything better than food, shopping, and theater.
ReplyDeleteyou totally kill me. the photo on the subway really killed me. I wish I could go back to NY. jealous.
ReplyDeleteLinda