May 28, 2008

My Wandering Love

I love this man. Look how hot he is! Plus, he's a fabulous father and husband. There's only one problem (well, one big problem...of course there's lots of little ones but I won't get into those now)...HE TRAVELS! I know it's part of his job, I know I should be grateful he has a job that he loves and keeps our family taken care of, but sometimes I just HATE that he has to be gone a lot. I guess the reason for my bitterness is that he's leaving tomorrow for Maryland and he's going to be gone ALL WEEKEND! I can handle it okay when he's gone during the week, but the weekends are another story. I can't bear the thought of a whole weekend with no date night. I'm feeling very sorry for myself. Waaaaa.

21 comments:

  1. i can't stand being alone either, i feel for you!!! it's survival mode!!! xo mo p.s. you are my older sister aka my other mother forever aka my go-too girl!!! I LOVE YOU!!! woo-hoo Arizona here we come roomie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still have me! What, You didn't like our Sister-Wife date on Monday night? Don't worry well have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to hear more about your sister-wife date with Rachel Monday night!!! So come paragliding with me this weekend!!!! I'm not gonna stop razzin' ya to tweak your plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when christian is gone over the weekend. I feel a little less bad for you because you are seriously such a partier. plus you are really good looking and you can do some serious dance moves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry...is it mean to say that I wish sometimes my husband traveled?

    You're coming to AZ? I'm always up for visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment... I'm so sorry he has to go for the weekend- Maybe you can have extra dates when he gets home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry your hubby is gone all the time. Nick was gone last weekend, I hate it too. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel Garces!!! I need your blog name. I lost all my sidebar info last week. Email it to me at aweenig@blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hire a weekend nanny and/or stow away to Maryland...that's all I've got.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh being alone is the worst! Especially at night after the kids are in bed! Watch a bunch of chick flicks that you know he would hate watching with you! Oh, and get some chocolate cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww- i hate being away from my hubby too!!
    Only time I've been apart from him is when I was in the hospital for a week in April. It was horrible not being with him.
    :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, when I'm feeling sad about being home alone for a couple days when Eddie's gone, I just think of my mom who is home alone constantly because her kid was in a coma and made her parents move to utah to take care of her while her dad still works in CA.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry for you!!!
    I cry when my husband leaves for two days. I'm a wimp.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you have been in love with him for so long... it is the best!!! And I HATE when they are out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband is out of town too. More sister-wife dates. What other chick flicks are out?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry! That's such a bummer. Aaron was gone last week for 2 nights and I had a stomachache for like 3 days before! Sounds like you have lots of fun girlfriends where you live- go have fun with them, although I know it's not the same.

    I love that you put your kids to bed "clean and pretty" each night, too! Great moms think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, go get yourself a Sprinkles - you'll feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. good idea Amy! Food always makes things better :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel for you and I'm wondering how often Matt travels? Mike is gone about a week every month but for this month and next it's going to be two weeks! (Not consecutive, at least.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Usually it's at least one trip a week with a week off here and there. It's been that way for pretty much our whole marriage. Not so bad now that the kids are older and I'm not trying to bathe, feed, put to bed 4 kiddos by myself every night. I just HATE the weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always hate it when I'm away from my hubby... but usually it's me that's doing the traveling. Thankfully, I get to take him with me on my next business trip in August. Of course, for this trip I really need him there to carry all my photo gear for a wedding I'm shooting.

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"