A Memorial Day with yucky weather was the perfect chance to take the kiddos and join some of our fabulous friends to see "Indiana Jones" and eat yummy Lampost Pizza. The day turned into "moviepalooza" for me with an opportunity to sneak away later in the day to see a couple "chick flicks" while Matt finished installing the girl's bathroom flooring (good job by the way honey!)

Lovin' Mr. Jones

Our fabulous friends the Taotafas, Cliffords, and Hazens!

Giggly Girlies
Hey now...he's a track star!
On Thursday night, Jake got to compete in his first ever track meet. Every year, San Marcos School District holds a track meet for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders. Jakey was so excited to be picked for this fun event! He did REALLY well competing in the relay race. He ran the 3rd leg of the race and during the first heat, brought his team from 6th to 3rd place! Go Jake!

My tiny guy in orange

Adoring fans!

Spencer and Sammy trying to keep themselves entertained while waiting 3 hours at a track meet.
On Friday morning, I had the wonderful honor of seeing sweet Ellen Berry (one of my all-time favorite Young Women) become Ellen Switzer. Ellen was beautiful and had the happiest, cutest smile on her face all day! The sealing was very touching and the sealer did a great job explaining the sanctity of marriage. Friday night, the Berrys threw a fabulous party complete with yummy food (of course!), a bag-piper, beautiful flowers, and decadent chocolate to take home.
Saturday I got to help these three beautiful girls get ready for their 8th grade party and dance. We went shopping, to lunch, and then back to our house to pluck eyebrows, curl hair, put on make-up and decide on the "perfect" outfits. I'm so grateful Hailey has such sweet friends. I had so much fun hanging out with them for the day!
Saturday night I got to be Rachel's sister wife when I joined Rob and Rachel for date night. Thanks guys! The weekend was topped off with a great morning in church. Spencer bore his testimony. He did a great job and talked about the first time he recognized the spirit. I was so touched to see Spencer, Brayden, and RJ all up on the stand waiting to bear their testimonies. I had just been reading in my scriptures about the Stripling Warriors and was thinking about what I needed to do so that my children would have strong testimonies, "because their mother knew it". Seeing those three sweet young men on the stand made me think of how those boys all have mothers who are doing everything they can to teach their children the gospel and raise righteous "warriors" who will be worthy and strong enough to fight the battles in their lives. I am so grateful for the gospel and the guidance it gives me as a mother. It is comforting to me to know that through Christ I will be able to be the mother my children need me to be if I continue to follow his path and seek his guidance daily.
Well, I survived the long weekend without my love and I'm off to the airport to bring him home! Life is good.
Yay to the sister Wife! We'd make a great family (j/K).
ReplyDeleteOur boys are the cutest and growing up to be such good, strong men! (Their mothers taught them well).
Here's to another busy week, I can't wait till school is over!
Is your friend Chad Clifford the nephew of the former Kay Clifford and his wife Ruthie? If so, he is Chris' (my husband's) cousin. Kay is Chris' grandfather and Chad's father is Kay's younger brother. We saw Chad (if it's the same one) and his wife and baby daughter years ago at Chris' grandfather's funeral and have lost touch with them. It would be fun to re-connect and it is indeed a small world!
ReplyDeleteSorry for the confusing comment -- Shat part of MD was Matt in? It's a pity I don't technically know him -- I sure feel like I do!! :)
Loved that movie! It was so much fun! Harrison is old, but he still looks good!
ReplyDeleteLOVE catching up with my wonderful family--especially your testimonies. Hailey looks so pretty and grown-up. Spencer gets a high-five and a big hug for bearing his testimony. I love seeing Jake's cute face--and--good job on the track meet, Jake. Sammy is just generally and always sweet. Love you all, Mom & Grandma
ReplyDeleteHow awesome to have your kids bearing their testimonies and finally paying you back a little bit for your hard work. I can't wait until my kids are doing that stuff.
ReplyDeleteYou're such a good mom. As I was reading that post, I was thinking to myself that I sure hope my kids are as wonderful as yours when they are that age! You're so lucky to have such great friends, too!
ReplyDeleteNellie,
ReplyDeleteHi~I am Chad's wife Michele. Let's re-connect. Allison has cool friends!
Sorry Allison I saw Chad's name and had to read on. Fun week in review.
Looking forward to more fun times.
Michele...of course you've gotta read the comments! That's half the fun!!!
ReplyDeleteit sounds like you did a-okay without matt! a few things:
ReplyDeletei didn't pluck eyebrows till college, what's going on?
jacob is awesome & the fans are pretty cute too
i love weddings
love matt's indiana jones hat
yeah spencer, i have a testimony too!!!
xo mo mo
I love the end of your post. It gives me inspiration to try harder. What a neat thing to see as a mom!
ReplyDeleteGlad you survived your long weekend, and yay for sister-wives!
Still a little bitter that you didn't fly with me:)j/k I know, you had a full plate! But Hailey looks beautiful, Jake is awesome, Indiana Jones rules--change your fabulous friends, the Taotafa's spelling or it's gonna bug--I know, slippery fingers (and where did that comment come from--rude of me!), and your comments about our stripling warriors is so true in this day and age! I agree with Rach, their mothers taught them well for sure!!! loves!
ReplyDeleteHope your husband made it home safely. Thank goodness for good friends and cute kids to help out til he's back!
ReplyDeleteYAy Jake, way to keep track in the family! Looks like you guys are having a great time being busy!
ReplyDeleteYou have sure been busy! Loved the update and of course I sent that David Archuleta pic to Ricky D!!!
ReplyDeleteMo---just a few scragglies! No major arches or anything!
ReplyDelete