Growing up, family time and entertainment were always a top priority. My parent's focus was less on "stuff" and more on "doing stuff". One of my sister's and my fondest memories are of the countless plays Mom and Dad took us to growing up: Fiddler on the Roof, Peter Pan, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables (LOTS of times), Blood Brothers, A Christmas Carol, and MANY, MANY more! This year for Christmas my parents decided to get the entire family tickets to go see "WICKED" at the Pantages theatre in L.A. since it will be leaving soon. What a fun, fabulous night. Matt and I had seen WICKED twice before...once in New York and once in L.A. and had talked about taking the kids. What a treat to see it through their eyes. After the play Jake said, "I understand the Wizard of Oz so much better now!" Thanks Mom and Dad for a perfect holiday night and for keeping the "tradition" alive with our own kids.









What very wise parents you have!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great time! I love the nicknames all the kiddos have. Too cute!
So fun! What a great tradition.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I have a tradition like that in my family too. Growing up we went to lots of shows in NYC (we lived in NJ just across the border)
ReplyDeleteI am going with my husband, no kids this time, to see Wicked in March. Can't wait!
Wicked cool!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!
ReplyDeleteHow much longer is it in L.A? My sister and I really want to make a trip down...
I didn't know you had a Rothey in your family, that's crazy! I grew up in the same ward with them. Jake's mom was one of my YW leaders, and went to HS with Lindsay (Danes). Small world!
ReplyDeleteYou know I love a good musical! Glad we got to see it together before it's gone. I love your family, and this is one of the reasons why. It's good to start the kids appreciation for "Good" entertainment early!
ReplyDeleteOh! Wicked is amazing!
ReplyDeleteI am sooooo jealous! I love Wicked.
ReplyDeleteI also love your new festive wall paper. Adorable!
You ARE...WICKED awesome! And I'm a little jealous. I have YET to see it and what, is this your 3rd????? I should get with the program already! Darling photos of everyone. I heart your parents.
ReplyDeleteOMG...I'm so excited! I get to see Wicked too in January! I'm so very excited, as it will be my first of many I'm sure. Looks like you sure made a time out of it! FUN!
ReplyDeleteLucky!! I am dying to see it again...once is NOT enough!
ReplyDeleteWe made another good memory, huh? Thanks for always being supportive of any possible family time. Your family is always up for fun and you bring it with you.
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom