Tonight I am wishing that "Private Practice" wasn't just a tv show; that these types of "practices" really existed. I want to show up (without an appointment even!) and have their collective medical minds figure out what the hell is wrong with me (although I certainly could do without all the slutty behavior). Tonight I received the following email from my endocrinologist:
Allison, the Octreotide scan was also read as completely normal.
I would not say these tests completely rule out carcinoid but they certainly rule out a large burden of carcinoid or any other type of neuroendocrine tumor. I'm not sure what to tell you at this point. I certainly am curious about the previous testing results however I have no definitive treatment to offer you at this point. It still may be reasonable to meet with Dr. Goldklang to get his opinion. Otherwise, observing and retesting would be my recommendation. Symptomatic treatment could also be considered.
Um...Yea? While I am extremely happy that my tests do not show a "large burden of carcinoid"....WHAT THE HECK? I am so extremely frustrated
Tomorrow...or should I say today since it's 1:00 am and I ain't sleeping...I have an appointment to see Dr. Goldklang-a gastroenterologist. Hopefully he will have some answers or some new insight. I feel a bit like I am being passed from one doctor to the next--being poked, prodded, asked to collect my urine (yuck!), injected with radioactive substances, scanned repeatedly, and then sent along my not-so-merry way. Meanwhile, I am extremely tired all the time, have a rapidly increasing neck and chubby face (see pic below), have serious* uh-hum* bathroom issues (I know...WAY too much info), flushing and sweating, along with high blood pressure (which is now actually too low with medication) and tachycardia. HELP!
January 9, 2009
Since I Said I'd Keep Everyone "Posted"...
Tonight I am wishing that "Private Practice" wasn't just a tv show; that these types of "practices" really existed. I want to show up (without an appointment even!) and have their collective medical minds figure out what the hell is wrong with me (although I certainly could do without all the slutty behavior). Tonight I received the following email from my endocrinologist:
Allison, the Octreotide scan was also read as completely normal.
I would not say these tests completely rule out carcinoid but they certainly rule out a large burden of carcinoid or any other type of neuroendocrine tumor. I'm not sure what to tell you at this point. I certainly am curious about the previous testing results however I have no definitive treatment to offer you at this point. It still may be reasonable to meet with Dr. Goldklang to get his opinion. Otherwise, observing and retesting would be my recommendation. Symptomatic treatment could also be considered.
Um...Yea? While I am extremely happy that my tests do not show a "large burden of carcinoid"....WHAT THE HECK? I am so extremely frustrated
Tomorrow...or should I say today since it's 1:00 am and I ain't sleeping...I have an appointment to see Dr. Goldklang-a gastroenterologist. Hopefully he will have some answers or some new insight. I feel a bit like I am being passed from one doctor to the next--being poked, prodded, asked to collect my urine (yuck!), injected with radioactive substances, scanned repeatedly, and then sent along my not-so-merry way. Meanwhile, I am extremely tired all the time, have a rapidly increasing neck and chubby face (see pic below), have serious* uh-hum* bathroom issues (I know...WAY too much info), flushing and sweating, along with high blood pressure (which is now actually too low with medication) and tachycardia. HELP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Allison, wouldn't it be great if real life were like TV? I am so sorry that you have to go through this crap, on the bright side, Rach has a big neck too, so you're just the twins you always wanted to be!!!
ReplyDeleteKeep us informed. Praying and thinking about you!!!
calling.....
ReplyDeletehow frustrating!
ReplyDeleteOh, Allison. I am so sorry. Sometimes answers (even very scary answers) are easier than the unknown. I hope that everyday can lead you closer to a resolution. We will all keep praying for you. Much love being sent your way!
ReplyDeleteAnd please don't feel guilty for taking people you love along with you on this journey. We wouldn't still be here if we didn't want to. No more apology posts! NONE!
That is frustrating! I am so sorry! I totally feel for ya! I hope this next doc can figure it out for you!
ReplyDeleteso sorry to hear all of this -- I, too was hoping for a more concrete solution. I am serioulsy annoyed for you --
ReplyDeleteAS for TV -- Who wouldn't want Dr's that LOOKED like they do -- nevermind anything else! It would be great to go to one place for everything, though~!
BTW -- the only bit of news I have is that is's a boy! Haven't even blogged it yet -- you are the first to know! Not that it matters considerinng what you are going through . . .
So so sorry! I know there's nothing more frustrating than no info. hang in there, and you look GREAT!!! I'm thinking I don't think want my OBGYN (that's the only doc. I see) looking like those TV doctors.... um awkward.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, Tonight you will be at the happiest place on earth!!!
ReplyDeletePeople always say that no news is good news... That's a bunch of baloney (is that spelled right?). Good luck with your appointment. You will make it through this!
ReplyDeleteGo to Seattle and see Dr. Grey. Actually see McDreamy. He totally will find out what is wrong with you!
ReplyDeleteAnd if not- at least you will feel better just looking at him.
;)
Hope you find answers soon.
I am so sorry they can not figure this out! I really wish there was something I could do!! I will keep you in my prayers!! BIG HUGS!!
ReplyDeleteI am so, so sorry to hear this. It has got to be so frustrating for you. I think Dr. House would do a great job working with you too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pain in the butt. Seriously, what do they expect you to do with information like that? They are the doctors, after all.
ReplyDeleteI was going to say what Shally said...get an appointment with McDreamy.
Let's just pretend this isn't happening. We both need some sleep. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm seriously stressed about you. I'M so sorry you are going thru this.
ReplyDeleteBut you do not need Addison Forbes Montgomery. You need Dr. House! He's good with the zebras.