So far today, I've had seven people ask me that question-I guess it's time for an update. The reason I haven't updated on my health in awhile is because there isn't much to tell. No news is good news...right? In the case of an undiagnosed medical condition-not so much. My primary care doctor calls me his mystery patient. By the way...have I ever mentioned his name? No? It's Dr. Payne...isn't that classic? He is actually a fabulous dr. and I like him very much. He has promised me that we will figure this thing out! The good news is that in all my scans (one which rang in at a whopping 13,000-geesh!) showed no signs of tumors. So...if you have positive lab tests for cancer, and symptoms for cancer, but can't find tumors...do you have cancer? My guess would be no, but they won't "officially" let me off the hook yet. Apparently, we have to "remain vigilant"---whatever the hee-haw that means...I'm choosing to put the possibility of cancer behind me. Do you think it will work? Let's hope so. Last week, I met with a sleep specialist. She shoved a scope up my nose all the way down my throat and noticed 3 problems...a severely deviated septum (can I get a free nose job?), almost completely blocked upper nasal passages, and extra tissue in the base of my throat. All of which could contribute to sleep apnea. Next week I have the joy of staying at a dr.'s office overnight hooked up to numerous electrodes while people watch me sleep. Now, I don't know about you, but sleeping is a very private thing in my book. I have trouble sleeping anywhere but my bed (including the car)...and will only share a hotel room with very good friends...if you've seen me sleep, it means I love you-very much. Anyway, if it means I may have some answers or at least start feeling better it will definitely be worth it. They showed me the room I'll be sleeping in and it actually looks like a pretty nice hotel room, so it shouldn't be so bad. So, I am waiting and hoping that my team of doctors (I'm now up to 5!) will figure me out soon! As for now, I'm learning to deal with my new normal. I try to take it easy and build a nap into each day (I know, poor me) and not push myself too much. I actually exercised this morning for the first time in 5 months...granted my "exercise" consisted of two laps around the lake below my house, rather than my previous one hour spin class...oh how I miss you! So...that's me in a nutshell. I promise my next posts will be much more delightful...we just got home from a ski trip and brought back a delightful souveneir...it's a good one!
I bet it was nice to get in your exercise again. Hey, making it down that hill, around the lake and back up again is exercise for ME, and i DON'T have an accelerated heart rate and all that good stuff...good for you. Hey, just think, when you go for your sleep test, at least you'll have a quiet room without Matt's snoring right? Thanks for listening to me vent today! Love you!
ReplyDeletetam...i DROVE to the lake!!! no hills for me
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update! I hope you can actually sleep for your sleep test...gheesh. Get some cute new jammies.
ReplyDeleteA delightful souvenir, huh? Do tell!
Oh Annemarie, Allison will get the New Jammies! They are her passion.
ReplyDeleteRemember to take it slow, you are still sick!
I am glad you are back, I missed our lunches!
well we will hope that no news is good news. Thanks again for meeting us for dinner, it is always great to see you guys when you come up to Utah.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I go to Dr. Payne too! In Encinitas right?!!! Yeah he is cool. I guess I am not as cool as a patient as you are though. :) love you!
ReplyDeleteyou crack me up. i love your whole attitude. hope the sleep test goes well.
ReplyDeleteI think you have such a great attitude! I would HATE sleeping in front of other people- I totally talk in my sleep. Please report and post pictures of the new PJS.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update!
ReplyDeleteWhat did you bring home?! I thought you guys were done having kids...
Thanks for the update -- I have been wondering. I am seriously SO frustrated for you about all this -- and I know all about the sinus stuff -- I've had polyps removed, and haven't smelled anything for years. Wierd. I also have a severe deviated septum, but don't really want to have the surgery. So sorry you STILL have no answers -- hopefully soon!
ReplyDeleteLinds has a deviated septum as well! So did my mom....and she did get it "taken care of" if you know what I mean. hahaha sorry mom. But Linds cant breathe at all when she sleeps......so we are looking into it as well!
ReplyDeleteI have Rheumatoid Arthritis, so I need a nap nearly every day and I also use it as an excuse why my house is always a wreck ("I just not a high energy person"). I say so what! Take your nap and revel in it.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck!
its so frustrating isn't it? i need you to email me some of the ski pics...and, i heard about your "souvenir" sounds like my little maggie, darling. darling!
ReplyDeletexoxo
i love you
mo
I asked your mom about this just last night! I am glad that there is no bad news at least! Keep us posted... I have been thinking about you!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your sleep test. I understand mystery ailments. They're so annoying!! As much as you don't want something to be wrong, you wish you knew what's causing the problems! Good luck! No news is usually good news.
ReplyDeleteI have totally ruled out cancer for you, so I think you should rule it out too. Fingers are crossed, and prayers are for you!!
ReplyDelete