July 13, 2008

Old Friends...Good Times

Last week I had the fun opportunity to get together with two of my very best friends from my "growing up" years, Stacy and Traci (Jake thought it was funny that their names rhymed!). I had not seen either of them for a good 4-5 years. Traci ran into my sister Amanda a couple of months ago, and emailed me. I was so excited to hear from her. She found out Staci would be visiting from Arizona and we decided we just HAD to get together! We met at Cedar Creek Inn in San Juan Capistrano and over yummy dinner and coconut cake we caught up on over 15 years of our lives! We talked, and laughed, and talked some more... for over four hours. It was such a blessing for me to spend time with two "girls" who have such a special place in my heart. The "busyness" of raising a family has kept me from keeping in touch with people and I was so glad for the opportunity to catch up. Dinner was so much fun and I look forward to keeping in touch with my "long-lost" friends. I love you Stacy and Traci! I had the best time.

13 comments:

  1. you guys all look so beautiful...i am so glad you all got together, can you believe how much time flies!? looks like you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a flash back 25 years!!! All of you look the same~ glad you ladies had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO fun. It just been like 6 months since I've seen my best friends and I'm already dying. I'm glad you got to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous, I wish I could have been there. I haven't talked with either of them for a long time as well. How can I get in touch with them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allison...that was such an awesome night!! I am so glad we were able to coordinate this little reunion! I could have spent another 4 hours catching up...soo many wonderful memories. Thanks again for a fun night and looking forward to seeing you soon..maybe a beach day?!!
    By the way...can't stop thinking about that cococut cake..yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should have brought me home some coconut cake! I love catching up with old friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Thanks to Celia I found some old friends on Facebook...now I am totally going to suggest this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the best!! Cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And this week you got to make new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Allison,

    I had so much fun!! 4 hours flew by..Your family is so beautiful and I love reading your blog. Can wait to see you and Traci again..

    Luv

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love getting together with old friends and laughing till you cry. You're making me need a night out right now. Seriously!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We need a reunion like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I could have been there too!
    Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"