July 30, 2008

Some May Push and Some May Pull...

And some went just to look good! Last month Hailey had the opportunity of going on our Stake's Youth Conference Pioneer Trek. Even though she's still thirteen, they decided to let youth go who are entering high school go. I'm so glad they decided to let the "younger" ones go. I would have been so sad if she had missed this wonderful faith building experience. For three days she wore the same dirty clothes, camped under the stars, and pushed and pulled a handcart. I'M SO PROUD! Before she left she was worried that she wouldn't be able to do it (yeah right!) Lots of her leaders let me know that she was a complete trooper during the trek. It' really a testament to youth that they can still look good after three days! Seriously, look at how good they all look!

11 comments:

  1. Hailey wins best-dressed! I'm so glad she had such a great experience..I love that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an experience... we did a Trek when I was a youth, and I still look back fondly on the amazing faith building experience it was. Good for her to be such a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's sad because I don't look that good with a shower and full make-up every day.

    Youth is wasted on the young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I NEVER looked that good at 13. That was a trying time for my poor face and my perm grow-out hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That so fun. I was never able to go and wished I could have! She looks adorable! PS. the post below is AWESOME... I love that he took a pic of your feet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And she never complained one bit. I wish you could have seen her in action.

    Love & miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love HAILEY!!!!!!! i am so proud of her & i want to go on one of those treks...she looks beautiful......

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, the website is called culturalhall.com they have THE coolest pics of the temples & christ. it is a girl from newport beach who does it (i met her when i picked mine up) & i think her art is really refreshing. i love you & had so much fun with you guys, although i think i am going to be sick i ate so much sushi & sprinkles...an interesting combination!!!!! i am still laughing out loud at "elder, that is NOT part of the surgery"...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, the Pioneer Trek! Good times! Glad she had a great expirience!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She was awesome! Some looked better than others. Hailey looks cute all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Ilene. I NEVER looked that good either!

    Of course it was the 80's. I had permed, orange (thanks to Sun-in) hair and braces.

    Nice...

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"