Last Thursday, our good friends the Parry's called us and asked if we wanted to join them for a family Vegas trip for the 4th. They had just decided to go that morning and in the spirit on spontaneity we said "what the heck", packed the car and went! What a fun trip we had with the kiddos (minus Hailey girl who is living it up in Utah at Especially for Girl's Camp and BYU Soccer camp-more on that later). We played, relaxed, ate, and enjoyed each other.
"V" FOR VEGAS!

Pretty "Vegas" Hair for my Sammy

Sammy thought Spencer was "stuck" in the elevator at the hotel and got pretty upset...

My two sons

We met the Parry's for dinner (and only had to wait an hour at to get a table for 10...I thought Sammy was going to pass out...note the not so happy face!)

Sunbathing beauty

YES...it was HOT, HOT, HOT!!!

Rubbing the Buddha

Adults night out with a yummy Italian dinner, shopping, and playing games! We love you guys.

Sweet Sammy Sue :)

On the drive home we decided to stop at Calico, which is an old silver mine (whose idea was that anyway?) Despite the heat it was really fun.

Spencer and Sammy

Kayla and Jake (and their bunny "cousins" they adopted from Build-a-Bear)

Watching the show...How cute are these kiddos?

The "craft stop"

Getting the tub ready...

Wanna ride?

Cute teenagers (and "where's Waldo") in the mine

The Group (minus Matt who was hot and grumpy)

My loves

Man, it's hot!

As long as this girl is fed, she's happy!

Thanks again Parrys for the invite. We had a blast and are looking forward to next year!
That looks like so much fun. I was in Vegas in March, and it wasn't nearly that hot. Thank goodness. I can't stand it when it's hot.
ReplyDeletei had noooo idea that you were in vegas...talk about hot, i would have died, i can't even handle this upper 90's crapola in midway...so you like my million and one pictures? i know i am a little crazy...we should do palm springs again this year at the end of the season...i am finally coming home tomorrow...xo mo
ReplyDeleteFun! I love Vegas...so much to do (while still having fun without breaking the commandments!)
ReplyDeleteI'm starting to think I'm okay with being toxic too! lol.
...still trying to cool off from our Vegas stay and STILL ticked I didn't call you and just STAY there an extra day to party with you guys! Oh well...next year! But I still think we need to plan an adult Vegas trip (even IF Curt and I won't gamble) it would be fun! Barry Manilow or Neil Diamond, baby! Glad you had fun. You do look good, working out or not! LOVES
ReplyDelete...and Sammy whammy's hair looks beautiful with that creative up-do. Is that on your little hair site too? hmmmmm..maybe I won't chop my hair tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteYay for vegas!!! Too much fun in the heat.
ReplyDeleteYou are brave to go out in that heat!
ReplyDeleteWe don't do anything unless it involves water around here...
What a fun spontaneous trip! It is always nice to have something to do on those long weekends, and trust me I am starting to show, but thanks for the compliment anyways!
ReplyDeleteFun trip! That "Vegas" hair is fabulous!!
ReplyDeleteVegas is the place, Nick and I just got home today after spending the last few days there. We celebrated my 30th. Glad you had a great time. Nick has been dying to take our family to Calico, he always went there as a kids and I've been revolting, maybe I should give in, the kids would probably love it.
ReplyDeleteSooo fun! We are tagging along next time. I remember going to Calico growing up. I don't remember the heat though. Viva Las Vegas.
ReplyDeleteI am positively MELTING just looking at that temperature. Way to enjoy it, in spite of that!
ReplyDeleteDying over the cuteness of Sammy's hair-
ReplyDeletelooks like you guys had a great time!
ReplyDeletei can't stop thinking about sammy sue's hair...can she spare a little for me? it is beautiful!!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a really fun trip! I LOVE Vegas!
ReplyDeleteHow fun and HOT! Your pictures are all so cute.
ReplyDeleteYeah Vegas! That's my hometown. I love that you just up and went on a whim. I love spontaneous things like that. Glad you had such a fun time!
ReplyDelete