November 3, 2008

Good Day

Spencer and I had the opportunity to stand on a street corner this afternoon and proudly wave our Prop 8 signs. Spencer stood on a wall and I told him he looked like Samuel the Lamanite. What a kid...he was so excited to go with me. I personally loved all the honks, thumbs-up, and whistles...the "birds" not so much! Hopefully, all the hard work and prayers are going to pay off tomorrow in the polls. In health news...
In the words of my cardiologist, "we've ruled out anything that's going to make you drop dead." What a relief! All my tests came back normal and my ticker is working just fine. I still have "higher than makes my doctor happy" blood pressure, so we increased my dosage. I see my primary care on Friday to check for asthma, diabetes, and sleep apnea (all of which could be causing the high bp). The good news is, my exercise hiatus is officially over. Phew! Believe it or not, I really miss my mornings at the gym. So, here's to not "dropping dead" anytime soon!!!

31 comments:

  1. Good day all around.(Except for the middle fingers...)
    I'm glad you are ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good news! So happy to hear that!

    Good for you for standing on the street corner!! It's a lot of fun huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck tomorrow with Prop 8. Wish we could also vote "Yes" here in Ut. Glad to hear that at least you are ruling things out concerning your health. Just stay proactive until you find out what is wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, wow...can't even begin to describe how glad I am to hear that you're not going to "drop dead". Super awesome news!! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alison!! Are you going to join the sleep apnea club? You get a really cool mask when you join!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news on the health front!!! & GO prop 8!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I "heart" YOU! I'm glad we can work out together again. I guess my hiatus is over too! (darn)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats. That must be such a relief. Hope you can a clean bill of health for asthma ad diabetes too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! That's great news about your ticker. May it keep you ticking for many many decades :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a relief -- I will start going back to the gym, too, in your honor -- I haven't been too regular, but I know I should! SO glad you aren't going to drop dead . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am gonna kinda miss seeing all those friends out there on the corner of good ol' Rancho & San Marcos...Hope we did enough! Thanks for being my partner for ding-dong-ditch! It was so fun being with you...So relieved to hear that everything's ok with your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Whoever thought standing on a corner and not dropping dead could make a person feel so good?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys are awesome!!!!!!!! We have been so blessed. I truly believe that our efforts will be blessed in one way or another...or many ways!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am just sorry that you can't let people decide what they can do. I am a very active, good mormon and I completely disagree with Prop 8. It makes me sick. We were put here on earth to choose for ourselves and let other choose for themselves. Why be a bigot? Why judger others lifestyles. THEY have to answer for their actions when they die. YOU do not have to answer for their actions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It worked! You conservative Californians did what I KNOW is a monumental task. I am pleasantly surprised -- GREAT job protecting the family!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks so much for always commenting on my somewhat lame duck blog. i just can't get into a groove with it but love to read and browse others. you are always so nice and i totally appreciate your advice on my darling "first" girl. looking at your blog and your recent hailey post has made me realize that i have a ways to go. i just hope what your mom said is true!

    so glad you got the okay from your dr. that is so scary!

    and thanks also for standing on a street corner....that was one prop. that i was vigilantly watching here in slc. your hard work seems to have paid off. (for now!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you are OK, even though I would have milked the "no exercise" thing a little longer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for Prop 8 and Yay for your heart. I hope you can figure out the mystery high bp soon!

    I love how brave 'anonymous' came to visit your blog, profess his/her own righteousness and then go ahead and call you a bigot. Anonymous may want to rethink their approach and their "good mormon" status. I'm pretty sure our church doesn't condone calling people names.

    Sorry about that rant. I just really loathe mean comments from anonymous people.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Anonymous...call me a bigot if you want, I'm just following our prophet...maybe you could try it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a heart condition that causes low blood pressure. I wish we could balance each other out.

    Sorry you got the finger of scorn waved at you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really? The prophet says to judge others and decide for them how they should act? YOU are not responsible for their salvation. Give it ia rest. What if your children turn out to be gay? Will you treat them the same way? It is not a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous...I DO have family members that are gay and I love them with all my heart. Being tolerant does not mean agreeing with something when it is wrong.

    And REALLY, our prophet specifically asked us to stand up on this issue...how exactly did you miss that?

    Homosexuals should be loved and treated equally which they ARE under the current laws. It is just not called "marriage".

    ***If you feel so strongly about this, then why are you anonymous?

    ReplyDelete
  23. You go girl!

    I don't get how members of the church can not see how black and white this issue is. You either follow the prophet or you don't. It's not hard to figure out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yea! I'm glad everything is going to be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  25. They are not treated equally. My brither and his partner have been together for 20 years and can't share health insurance!! Is that equal? NO! And when my brother dies his partner will have ZERO say to his property or life insurance. Is that fair?

    I am anonymous because of the backlash I am sure you will send me if I put my name on for everyone to see.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous, WHY would I "send you backlash"? I'm not out to get you. You're the one who came on MY blog and voiced your opinion and called ME a bigot? I haven't attacked you, nor have I called you names. You are entitled to your opinion and SO AM I!

    Under California Law, a civil partnership has the same legal rights as a marriage. Maybe it is different in other states. I'm sorry for your brother and his partner as I do believe they should have those rights.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous, perhaps because you're from Utah you never heard the letter the First Presidency sent to members in California. He asked us to stand up for this issue. And when the prophet asks...I stand.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So apparently, my sil that has been here visiting from CT has been using my blog to post onto yours. I am sorry and I have stopped her from doing so anymore. I hope she has not offened you in any way. She is a prankster all the way.

    Thanks!
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"