November 20, 2008

Look What I Did!

I am "oh so proud" of myself! I would say I'm a dang good cook but the one thing I've never "mastered" is breads. Well...that has now changed. Not only was this artisan loaf beautiful but it tasted SO GOOD! Seriously, it didn't last 5 minutes. There is something about having my kids come home from school to freshly baked bread that makes me feel like a fantastic mother.

20 comments:

  1. Doesn't get more motherly than that! It looks sooo yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that sourdough? If it is I NEED the recipe. My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang awesome! I wish I could do that. My two staples in life are bread and chocolate!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!

    I make bread with a bread maker and feel all cool-- YOU are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love the recipe! When are you going to post it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE new picture on the top of your blog. Love it! There is nothing better than warm fresh bread....you are a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is Brooke by the way(and the above comment)...Matt doesn't really know how to navigate the good old blog world:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. RECIPE!!! And instructions!! That is so cool, good for you now SHARE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmmm . . . I can almost smell it. There's nothing like fresh baked bread still warm from the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you use herbs? I need to get myself one of those special pans:) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a beautiful round loaf of bread! Good for you. I love your kitchen faucet too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am proud to say I have tasted your yummy bread and it is better than it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Very Martha Stewart.
    Love the new look of the blog. Very Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your new look! That picture of you two is absolutely adorable! Way to go on the bread, too! Doesn't it feel great to have accomplished something, especially when your family just loves it? Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh woman! Freash bread?!!!! Seriously?! Where do you come up with the time to be supermom?! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amanda made this HEAVENLY bread for us while we were in Utah. It is sooo good. I now have the recipe and will be making my own over Thanksgiving... Don't worry, I will keep the recipe a secret ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You even got the split top and everything.

    Consider your place in heaven all set to go.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a fantastic mother and you don't have to make bread to prove it! But seriously, I am so proud of you--it is a BEEEaUtiful loaf of bread.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your bread is a work of art. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"