Since way to many people have told me lately they're "glad I'm okay", I thought I had better update on what is going on with my silly body. After I was given the green light to exercise, I went to the gym and tried to work out. I got on the treadmill and was walking at 3mph; my heart rate immediately shot up to the 150's and peaked at about 195-- WAY TOO high for just walking-normally I'd have to be spinning full speed for an hour to get that high. After monitoring my pulse and another EKG, it turns out I have tachycardia (abnormally high heart rate) as well as high blood pressure so working out is again out of the question. I'm also battling extreme fatigue, headaches, flushing, excessive sweating (lovely),insomnia, shortness of breath, etc. ANYWAY, I still don't have answers. We have ruled out diabetes and thyroid disorders and are are currently testing for various tumors (pheochromocytoma and carcinoid) AND I have the joy of wearing a heart monitor for the next 20 days. What fun. So...the bottom line is I AM CURRENTLY STUCK in this vicious medical cycle and don't have a diagnosis yet. At this point, I don't even care what the diagnosis is...I just want to figure this out so I can start feeling better. I am sure everything is going to be okay eventually; this is just something I have to get through. I so appreciate all your thoughts and prayers..they have helped.
November 19, 2008
Stuck
Since way to many people have told me lately they're "glad I'm okay", I thought I had better update on what is going on with my silly body. After I was given the green light to exercise, I went to the gym and tried to work out. I got on the treadmill and was walking at 3mph; my heart rate immediately shot up to the 150's and peaked at about 195-- WAY TOO high for just walking-normally I'd have to be spinning full speed for an hour to get that high. After monitoring my pulse and another EKG, it turns out I have tachycardia (abnormally high heart rate) as well as high blood pressure so working out is again out of the question. I'm also battling extreme fatigue, headaches, flushing, excessive sweating (lovely),insomnia, shortness of breath, etc. ANYWAY, I still don't have answers. We have ruled out diabetes and thyroid disorders and are are currently testing for various tumors (pheochromocytoma and carcinoid) AND I have the joy of wearing a heart monitor for the next 20 days. What fun. So...the bottom line is I AM CURRENTLY STUCK in this vicious medical cycle and don't have a diagnosis yet. At this point, I don't even care what the diagnosis is...I just want to figure this out so I can start feeling better. I am sure everything is going to be okay eventually; this is just something I have to get through. I so appreciate all your thoughts and prayers..they have helped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope the Cupcake helped! I am up for more Doctor's appointments, but I don't know if Dr. Payne can handle our giggling again. Feel better soon, I am thinking of you. Don't worry we'll get to the bottom of this, just don't be "Scared", (hahahaha, I had to say it!)
ReplyDeleteAt least you get to make your Dr. appts a fun experience with Rachel by your side...and then eat cupcakes? Lucky you.
ReplyDeleteWe love you and pray that you will be back to your healthy, energized, busy self SOON... What, you don't want to invite me...and Owen...and Avery...to your dr. appts. too!?? Glad Rach can be there with you!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you're stuck. That really stinks. I hope they figure everything out soon.
ReplyDeleteCupcakes are awesome. They must be from Sprinkles...
I'm sorry you've been going through all of this, Allison! I will hope and pray for a diagnosis and recovery soon.
ReplyDeleteLet's clarify...the cupcake was from ROB-he loves me too.
ReplyDeleteOoh, I hate the "stuck'-ness! I was there with my ankle and they never ended up with anything. But one's heart is higher up on Dr's priority lists, so I'm positive they will come up with something!
ReplyDeleteUGH.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry!
I hope you get everything figured out soon!!
well i do care....i love you and i am keeping you in my prayers. thanks for your comment, it made me happy, especially since i ate 2 quarts of icecream today.....
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxox
mo
I hate being stuck in the medical loop. I've been there way too many times, and I can understand your frustration. You'll be in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteThat's so frustrating!
ReplyDeleteI am thinking of you and hoping that you can get out of this cycle soon! Moms shouldn't feel yucky- not fair!
Hang in there! I find it annoying when doctors don't know the right answer right away. You should complain about that :)
ReplyDeleteI don't like the sound of any of the options, however, I do hope there is a diagnosis soon. I can't think of anything worst than not knowing what the heck is wrong, but not feeling yourself. At least you can't go to the gym. That is no big loss in my book . . . Please get to the bottom of this soon -- Prayers from the freezing East coming your way.
ReplyDeleteWhat a PAIN!! I sure hope you won't be on this cycle for long. Heathcare...it's a love/hate thing I tell ya.
ReplyDeletei LOVE LOVE LOVE your new background....and picture of you and matt skiing...good times, no, great times. i am dying to see a preview (sneak peek) at your photos, email what you have PLEASE!!! i can't wait till christmas
ReplyDeletei love you.
mo mo
I'm so sorry you're going through this. You seem to have the best attitude about it all which I love. I really hope they figure things out soon. By the way, I also really love the new look of your blog. That picture is awesome!
ReplyDeleteHang in there Allison. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeleteI love you!
I've been there and it stinks. I had to wear the halter monitor but only for 24 hours.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you have thorough Doctors.