December 4, 2008

UPDATE

After I got the test result back that indicated Carcinoid Syndrome, my doctor referred me to an endocrinologist on a rush basis (carcinoids are neuroendocrine tumors). I had my appointment this afternoon. Thanks so much Mom and Dad for driving down to be with me. I needed your love and support today. Dr. Bandukwala (try saying that five times fast!) is having me do about 12 more labs to try and pinpoint this thing because the tumors can be very hard to find. I don't have a diagnosis yet, but my symptoms as well as the lab results point in the direction of carcinoid. So...next week will be filled with blood tests and collecting pee in big orange jugs (again!). It will take a week or two to get results so for now I'm just trying to stay positive. I really feel a lot of peace and am not too scared or worried. I have felt a strong reassurance that everything WILL be okay. We don't get through this life without bumps and bruises...I'm just going to try to learn everything I can through this trial and stay positive for my family. Thanks to you all for your love, support, and prayers. I truly feel bouyed by the Spirit at this time and surrounded by love. ***So...this weekend I'm off for a Girl's Christmas Shopping Trip! It will be nice to get away and forget about "real" life for awhile.

31 comments:

  1. You are amazing. I love your outlook on things. Life IS filled with bumps and bruises, but how we handle them can make all the difference in the world.

    Have a BLAST this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Allison, this is Ashley Taylor! I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and all of this "unknown" going on( I caught you through MOs site who I check on often). I am so sorry you are having to go through this. My little family has first hand experience with not getting an immediate diagnosis. I know how scary, frustrating, draining and quite frankly crappy this can all be. You are in my prayers that they'll be able to help you and you can put this all behind and start feeling great again. No mommy needs to be dealing with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have such a good weekend. You deserve it. You are such a sweet person who I've loved getting to know through bloggin. You have such a great outlook on life and the most beautiful family. I am totally thinking of you and praying for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in our prayers. We've each been given our individual trials because the Lord knows what we can handle. I've often wondered if He really knows how hard it is for me during the hardest part of a trial, and then when it's over, I realize He knows me so much better than I know myself. You will make it through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't stop thinking about you. you are amazing. i can't imagine my life without you i have leaned on you so much as my older, wiser, bigger-boobed sister for forever. now it's time for you to lean on everyone else. it's okay to let people help you, and um, can i just say that i can't WAIT till tomorrow, matt is the best. i LOVE you, tell me what you need, anything, anytime....we can snuggle tomorrow night and you can snore to your little heart's content.
    xoxoxoxoxo
    mo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate growing pains. Why does it have to hurt so much.

    Let your girlfriend's be your bra...supportive and close to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allison- I just love your attitude about the whole thing. You are amazing. I am keeping you and your cute family in my prayers. Have a great weekend- how fun- just what you need... and deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remember, In Diane's words..."I am Your Bra!" What ever you need I am there, but you already know that! Love Ya. Now let's go have some much need fun this weekend.

    An remember,No Tears from me, Only LAUGHTER!!!! Because that's what you need right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you are feeling peace right now. Please keep us posted on how things are going!

    Have fun with friends this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sending love.
    enjoy your weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are feeling good. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love ya girl....Keep smiling and know that we are thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. And when the rains come down and the floods come up, the house on the rock stands still.

    You have such a strong foundation. You will make it through this trial. Both physically and emotionally.

    I'm thinking of and praying for you.

    I'm so happy that you get to hang out with your girls this weekend! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.S. will you send me your e-mail address.

    lisamariejensen at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. Your outlook is awesome and inspiring. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thinking of you.
    Hope you get lots of cute stuff on your shopping trip! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its MomLark...Just wanted you to know I love you and will keep you in my prayers!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I put your name in the Temple on Friday! I hope you have a great relaxing weekend. Take care of yourself and don't over do it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been thinking about you all weekend. Just wanted to let you know we are praying for you. You have such a great attitude.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Look how many friends you have:) At least you can put on a happy face and look beautiful through it all! YOU ARE a woman of faith. loves

    ReplyDelete
  21. I sat and smiled as you gave your niece loves and kisses at church this morning. That's who you are Allison--no matter the extent of what you're dealing with in life, you're always offering unconditional love for everyone around (not to mention a few laughs too!). Love you always.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am sorry you have to go through this! Please let me know if there is ever anything I can help you with. I hope that the doctor's can find specific answers soon! We will keep you and your family in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nothing like some good old retail therapy! And you deserve lots! We'll be thinking about you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thinking of you and praying for you and your family. I admire your positive outlook and wish only happy news.

    Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm glad there is a direction to follow.... hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Buy something completely frivilous. You so, so deserve it.

    I'm toasting you a glass of O.J. right now!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You deserve all the love coming your way! You have amazing faith and courage and I am so proud of your strength.
    We Love You, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Allison,
    I talked to Hill yesterday and she let me know what you guys are going through. You are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  29. We are praying for our Princess. We all adore you Allison, especially me.
    You looked Glitericious at the partay last night. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Shayla just told me last night and I immediately called the Manti Temple! Our prayers are with you during this trail.

    ReplyDelete

My "Love Notes"