
Our recent trip to Disneyland not only provided my 10 year old with a fabulous birthday memories, but somehow, my camera became filled with disturbing images of bad fashion. While I'm usually not terribly snarky about what others are wearing, there were just too many fashion faux-pas to resist on that lovely January day. Upon exiting the parking tram, the above jeans (circa 1982) were spotted. Pocketless, high-waisted jeans with "v" sewn on and the back and embellished with metal snaps were NEVER a good look-especially with visible panty-lines. I have a feeling if there HAD been pockets in these pants, her lover's hand would have been snuggly ensconced in them!

The next sighting (thank you Rach), was of a lovely teenage girl. In case you can't see, her shirt reads, "I LOVE SHOES, BOOZE, AND BOYS WITH TATTOOS". Her mother must be proud.

This picture doesn't even come close to doing the "real-life" version justice, so you'll have to trust me a bit. The above offender was at LEAST in her early fifties and sporting PURPLE hair, with bleached blonde tendrils curled around her face. Lovely.

Now this is something I'll never understand. Disneyland requires walking-lots of it. WHY in the world anyone would want to wear high-heels is beyond me. Plus, tights with bright yellow shorts are ALWAYS sexy. Right?

"Hey honey...I'll wear my fedora if you wear your beret!"

This guy was too cute, and obviously aware I was taking his picture. That said, no grown man should wear a t-shirt sporting Donald Duck-even at Disneyland. He's also wearing a nice collection of Disney pins-complete with lanyard. And oh yeah, his wife was wearing Daisy Duck. Awwwww.

Ma and Pa Kettle-ASIAN style

"Um, Lady???....I believe this is a family park." I couldn't get a true front shot, but it was tremendous.

"Free to Be Me" was taken a little far by this boy.

Awwww...the lovely newleyweds. Nothing says, "I'm happy to be married" like wearing bride and groom mouse ears. The crack is a nice touch too.

Rachel, this one's for you (she HATES it when people wear these foam hats and has to refrain from knocking them off people's heads).

I'm pretty sure the crocheted beanie was a gift for the little one residing in her stroller.

More high heels-patent leather stilletos no less!

Um...yea.
We are all sitting here laughing our heads off! So, the green pants didn't make the cut. What an absolute blast of a day, I don't think R.J. will ever look at his mama the same way.
ReplyDeleteThat last comment was from me.
ReplyDeleteAnd Thanks for the picture of the Hat, I HATE them!
Well done girls, well done!
ReplyDeleteI'm always too chicken to take pictures of the crazy things I see. I really should pull out my camera the next time I go to the state fair here. That's when the real crazy outfits come out.
ReplyDeleteI love this, esspecially how you protect the identity of the fashion guilty.
ReplyDeleteWas that Jessica Simpson in the high waisted jeans?
When you said "Thanks Rachel" I thought maybe that was her in the shoes and tattoos shirt.
I think the chick in the yellow shorts was doing her best Mickey impersonation. Mickey wears yellow shorts...and he's the only one who can get away with it.
Thanks for the giggles. This was brilliant!
I think this is hilarious thanks for the good laughs.
ReplyDeleteOh man...that was good stuff. The married rabbit ears couple looked like the "newlywed" phase was wearing off.
ReplyDeleteI love that you had the guts to take pictures of the fashion faux pas -- I'm never nervy enough, but then again, I am the world's worst camera person -- we've been to 2 days of Disney without one picture, and we've carried the camera the whole time. So dumb. Maybe by the time #5 comes we'll learn . . .
ReplyDeleteI guess I'm anonymous today -- I (nellie) must not be signed in. . . The comment above is from me -- someday I'll figure out what the heck I'm doing on here!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it!! What a great activity to pass the time in line and walking between rides. I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I go somewhere!!
ReplyDeleteI am busting a gut! Seriously.
ReplyDeleteI am sure you guys had a great time looking out for these people. I think that is the best thing to do at Disneyland is to people watch. Those pictures are hilarious.
ReplyDeleteno, NO!! NO!! What on earth? I am so disturbed, Allison. Really? You really actually saw all of these people in one day at Disneyland? I was just there 2.5 weeks ago and didn't notice any of this. Was it ugly, crazy dress day when you went and you just didn't get the memo? Or am I totally oblivious? Those jeans are so putrid. I am going to cry. CRY!!! Thank you for sharing this. I have to make reference to it on my blog. So, so scary.
ReplyDeletethat was a delicious repast of ugly. Thank you so much for your hard work! We appreciate it.
ReplyDeleteApril...you need to send me a blog invite 'cause you're private!
ReplyDeleteAwesome...I bow in reverence to your excellence in photography and fashion sense. Awesome.
ReplyDeleteRJ will not be permanently damaged.
Scarred and scraped, perhaps, but not damaged.
OMG!!!!!! hahahahaha! Those bedazzled V-pants, why, just WHY??? And that person with the croched beanie wasn't a dude? Without the face I wasn't sure! This was truly too funny. You really wonder about people sometimes... :)
ReplyDeleteDid you even have time to ride the rides with all your picture taking? I would have thought no, but I saw your last blog entry where you took pictures on the rides. You are making the most out of that camera Matt got you.
ReplyDeleteYou've just proved that ALL of God's children love Disneyland-AND happened to be there on the very same day as you!
ReplyDeleteThis was awesome blogging!! I was cracking up at this pictures!! I never understand why people wear some of the things they do! Especially at Disneyland!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome!!! I saw a bum a few weeks ago holding a sign saying, "Need money for drugs, beer and hookers" I wish I had my camera for that one :)...
ReplyDeleteALLISON! It's your old, long lost friend and mentor through life. ha. Good to see you and your beautiful family. We are dying at this post.
ReplyDeletefan-freakin-tastic
ReplyDeleteMy work is done. 6-7 times a year I have to go out and attend social events to take pics of fashion, trend, color, etc....Well, FOX RACING here it is! im turning this in as my project for this month. Thanks for doing my work for me......I cant wait to see their reaction.
ReplyDeleteyou know you are going to hell? we learned from the best, eh? ricky dee---
ReplyDeleteAWESOME. Those are hilarious. This needs to become a series- more pics every time you go. I never understand the people in heels!
ReplyDeleteHi- my name is Korinne and I found your blog off amanda's. This was the first time I have seen a blog of someone not known to me and I have to tell you that this postingb just made my day! I have many a picture of disney-fashion disasters, but these top them all! thanks for putting a smile on my face :)
ReplyDeleteI got a link to this off of Ashley's blog and am laughing so hard. Since our first trip to Disneyland while dating, my husband and I have been dreaming up the most annoying family shirts to wear-each time we go we think of something worse. I love disneyland fashion-it is truly the best. I know you don't know me but I had to say great post.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure what is more disturbing their outfits or thinking of you stalking these people. Hah, just kidding. My Mom and I are going to Disneyland this week and now I have some great ideas of what to wear to fit in.
ReplyDelete