
To kick off the season, Papa Paul got us tickets to see him in a choral performance. WONDERFUL Christmas music put us right in the mood!

Amid the hustle and bustle, one of my favorite traditions is a quick girl's shopping overnighter...

We shopped, we laughed, we ATE...too bad we didn't get much sleep!

Did I mention we shopped?

We rolled directly from our shopping trip to our Ward's Christmas Party. Our bishopric did a great job with the entertainment. Gotta love 'em.

Matt even sat of Santa's lap

Nothing says "Christmas is Coming!" like a trip to the Tea House in San Juan. Mom treated us to a wonderful lunch of curry (sans figs).

Headbands anyone?

Wait, aren't we both really blondes???

While the guys whisked themselves off to see the BYU football game in Vegas (and maybe avoid some of the Christmas crazy?) the girls got together and made orange rolls and other Christmas goodies.

How many orange rolls can four sisters and a mom (and a couple of honorary sisters) make? Apparently, 42 dozen. We also managed to whip together 4 batches of Christmas Mint Cookies, potato casserole, Christmas morning Strata...and after they left I made four batches of sugar cookies, and a double batch of pecan tarts. YUM.

While we giggled and baked, the kiddos kept busy making gingerbread houses...it was so fun to have everybody at MY house this Christmas for a baking day. We made a mess and it was total chaos, but it was a blast! I think THIS may be my new favorite tradition.

Christmas Eve brought the Gardner Family together to celebrate

Jake and Hillary expecting #3 in March...I can't wait!

My guy

My main man

Amanda and Michael were so sweet to open up their home for our Christmas Eve...thanks guys!

The best part of Christmas Eve is ALWAYS the nativity. Not only does it help us remember the reason for the season...but it also provides comic relief in the form of too cute grandkids.

Of course, Grandma HAS to read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to all the grandchildren right after they open up their Christmas jammies.

Papa got a special present for "The Bean Brothers" this year...

Could it be chili?

The children were nestled all snug in their beds...

Some pretended

And some weren't there at all!

Christmas Morning brought lots of fun presents (despite dire warnings...Santa DID come) and then "the other Weenigs" and Papa joined us for Christmas brunch.

Papa got to open his present for both the Weenig families, the Keslers, the Baggetts, and the McGregors.

All in all, it was a WONDERFUL Christmas (and now I'm glad it's over!)
I've missed you Queenie. I can see you've been a tad too busy to blog. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! You guys look great - Can't believe how big the kids have gotten! cuties! Merry Christmas!!! - CHRIS
ReplyDeleteps - love your header photo!
Small world = my hubby is friends with your sister, hilary's husband jake. rothey right? jake's sister, casey, was my sis-in-law!! anyway...love all your gazillions of photos. hope you had a wonderful christmas!!
ReplyDeleteBoy girl, you have been busy! December WAS a fabulous month filled with so much fun and laughter! Glad we got to do all those things together, I love being an honorary Gardner Girl. I really appreciate all your mom's "coaching" with the rolls. I love your family!
ReplyDeleteI am just glad January is a slow month.
i loved this post. we do orange rolls too! aren't sisters the best?! i love your idea of the individual gingerbread houses. i may have to do that one next year. happy new year!!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun pictures - I swear it looks like same Christmas different families. Don't you just love December?
ReplyDeleteSeriously...loved seeing all your fun Christmas posts!! I loved your Christmas card too...so cute!! Looks like so much fun at your house!!
ReplyDeleteWe will be here until the 1st...We'd love to see you!!!
ReplyDelete-Jillian
wow. i feel tired after reading about everything you did. seriously.
ReplyDeletewow.
I've never even met your sisters or parents and I love them! Who is the new bishopric member? I don't recognize him in the picture, but then maybe he is newer to the ward?
ReplyDeleteWhoa pictures! ;)
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun! Am I invited next year?!?
You are looking good lady!!
You have an amazing family! I loved looking at your overload of pictures, you have a beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteBaking queen...seriously. Fun to catch up by photos--we missed your Christmas card this year--do you not have our address?
ReplyDeleteSo much Christmas fun! How did you pack it all in. Beautiful photos of a beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteSuper fun stuff! I wish i were with your family on Christmas. I have no one to bake with. It is depressing. I baked 20 loaves of bread for the neighbors by myself, plus three that I botched. Anyway, I like the way you all do it.
ReplyDeletei LOVE this post. can i just repost it on my blog.... PLEASE!? this was all so much fun.............!!!
ReplyDeleteSure looks like you guys had fun! Spencer... This is Evelyn from first grade! I don't know if you remember me, but I got your blog site from Celeste Ingersoll. I really think it would be cool if we could talk again. If you have Ambuehl directories my #'s in there and you should call so i can give you my email. Or if you know the ingersoll's # call them and Celeste can give you my number! Hope you can call!!
ReplyDeleteLove all your pics! You are the Holiday QUEEN! Nothing "Christmas" gets past you! You do it all...I'm tired just reading about it, but I know you have so much fun doing it...THANKS for the yummy brunch and WHY did you not post that pic of Hailey in her vest??? Come on, Hailey, you looked so cute!
ReplyDelete